Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Name_less_
    Member
    • Oct 2014
    • 12

    #1

    Help with cummeRbund

    Hello
    I am new in R, but I am work with cummeRbund.
    I followed the next steps:

    > library(cummeRbund)
    > cuff_data < - readCufflinks("diff_out")
    > csDensity(genes(cuff_data))
    > csScatter(genes(cuff_data), "X571A", "X57B", "X571C", "X571D" )

    BUT, I have the next error:

    Error en if (logMode) { : argumento no interpetable como lógico

    Someone can help me please?

    I have four conditions without replicates.
  • blakeoft
    Member
    • Oct 2013
    • 79

    #2
    Is it giving you that error just for the csScatter() call? What does it say if you just type "csScatter" with no arguments or parentheses? It looks like it's saying that logMode isn't a logical parameter, but it's definitely set to T by default.

    Comment

    • Name_less_
      Member
      • Oct 2014
      • 12

      #3
      No, I have similar error with csVolcano. I followed the steps of the TOPHAT paper (Differential gene and transcript expression analysis of RNA-seq experiments with TopHat and Cufflinks, nature protocols).

      Comment

      • blakeoft
        Member
        • Oct 2013
        • 79

        #4
        Does that error message mean something like "argument not interpretable as logical"?

        Also, could you tell me what "csScatter" prints to your screen?

        When I type that, I see

        Code:
        > csScatter
        standardGeneric for "csScatter" defined from package "cummeRbund"
        
        function (object, x, y, logMode = TRUE, pseudocount = 1, labels,
            smooth = FALSE, ...)
        standardGeneric("csScatter")
        <environment: 0x12289cc4>
        Methods may be defined for arguments: object, x, y, logMode, pseudocount, labels, smooth
        Use  showMethods("csScatter")  for currently available ones.
        In particular, it says "logMode = TRUE". Thus logMode is interpretable as logical because it is by default. Does your say "logMode =" with something other than "TRUE", or whatever the Spanish version of TRUE in R is?

        Comment

        • Name_less_
          Member
          • Oct 2014
          • 12

          #5
          This is what the csScatter prints in my screen:

          > csDensity(genes(cuff_data))
          Mensajes de aviso perdidos
          1: Removed 6 rows containing non-finite values (stat_density).
          2: Removed 3 rows containing non-finite values (stat_density).
          3: Removed 8 rows containing non-finite values (stat_density).
          4: Removed 4 rows containing non-finite values (stat_density).
          > csScatter(genes(cuff_data), "X571A","X571B","X571C","X571D")
          Error en if (logMode) { : argumento no interpetable como lógico

          In the previous step, I have not problem (in csDensity)

          And when I type csScatter, I obtain this:

          > csScatter
          standardGeneric for "csScatter" defined from package "cummeRbund"

          function (object, x, y, logMode = TRUE, pseudocount = 1, labels,
          smooth = FALSE, ...)
          standardGeneric("csScatter")
          <environment: 0xe001228>
          Methods may be defined for arguments: object, x, y, logMode, pseudocount, labels, smooth
          Use showMethods("csScatter") for currently available ones.

          Comment

          • blakeoft
            Member
            • Oct 2013
            • 79

            #6
            Oh, I think I see what's going on. I don't know why I didn't see it before. Are "X571A", "X571B", "X571C", and "X571D" your conditions? csScatter() is seeing genes(cuff_data) as the object argument, "X571A" as the x argument, "X571B" as y and "X571C" as logMode. But "X571C" obviously isn't a logical value, so it gives you an error.

            It looks as though you can only plot two samples at a time, which makes sense because you only have two axes. You could do the six pairwise comparisons I guess. Maybe csScatterMatrix is what you want, I just don't have experience with it so I don't know for sure. So something like
            Code:
            csScatter(genes(cuff_data), "X571A", "X571B")
            should work. Post back if it still gives you issues.

            I'm sorry it took so long for me to realize what was happening. I thought it was a (human spoken) language issue at first.
            Last edited by blakeoft; 10-10-2014, 04:54 AM.

            Comment

            • Name_less_
              Member
              • Oct 2014
              • 12

              #7
              Sorry for the late but I was full work.
              Thanks for all. That was the solution. Thanks!!! Now I can create the graphics needed.
              THANKS!! jeje
              Greetings!

              Comment

              Latest Articles

              Collapse

              • SEQadmin2
                New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                by SEQadmin2


                Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                ...
                Today, 10:25 AM
              • SEQadmin2
                How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                by SEQadmin2




                The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

              ad_right_rmr

              Collapse

              News

              Collapse

              Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
              0 responses
              27 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
              0 responses
              24 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
              1 response
              45 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post pekgio
              by pekgio
               
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
              1 response
              55 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post pekgio
              by pekgio
               
              Working...