Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • heso
    Member
    • May 2014
    • 19

    #1

    UCSC mm10 gtf file

    Hi,
    I have dowloaded UCSC hg19 gtf files from Galaxy



    The resulting file looks like that:
    $ head hg19_genes.gtf
    Code:
    chr1	unknown	exon	11874	12227	.	+	.	gene_id "DDX11L1"; transcript_id "NR_046018_1"; gene_name "DDX11L1"; tss_id "TSS14523";
    chr1	unknown	exon	12613	12721	.	+	.	gene_id "DDX11L1"; transcript_id "NR_046018_1"; gene_name "DDX11L1"; tss_id "TSS14523";
    chr1	unknown	exon	13221	14408	.	+	.	gene_id "DDX11L1"; transcript_id "NR_046018_1"; gene_name "DDX11L1"; tss_id "TSS14523";
    chr1	unknown	exon	14362	14829	.	-	.	gene_id "WASH7P"; transcript_id "NR_024540"; gene_name "WASH7P"; tss_id "TSS7359";
    chr1	unknown	exon	14970	15038	.	-	.	gene_id "WASH7P"; transcript_id "NR_024540"; gene_name "WASH7P"; tss_id "TSS7359";
    chr1	unknown	exon	15796	15947	.	-	.	gene_id "WASH7P"; transcript_id "NR_024540"; gene_name "WASH7P"; tss_id "TSS7359";
    chr1	unknown	exon	16607	16765	.	-	.	gene_id "WASH7P"; transcript_id "NR_024540"; gene_name "WASH7P"; tss_id "TSS7359";
    chr1	unknown	exon	16858	17055	.	-	.	gene_id "WASH7P"; transcript_id "NR_024540"; gene_name "WASH7P"; tss_id "TSS7359";
    chr1	unknown	exon	17233	17368	.	-	.	gene_id "WASH7P"; transcript_id "NR_024540"; gene_name "WASH7P"; tss_id "TSS7359";
    chr1	unknown	exon	17606	17742	.	-	.	gene_id "WASH7P"; transcript_id "NR_024540"; gene_name "WASH7P"; tss_id "TSS7359";

    When obtaining the same file from UCSC Tables, the file looks somewhat different. First 3 rows are similar and thereafter things don't exactly match.....

    $ head hg19_ucsc_table.gtf
    Code:
    chr1	hg19_knownGene	exon	11874	12227	0.000000	+	.	gene_id "uc001aaa.3"; transcript_id "uc001aaa.3"; 
    chr1	hg19_knownGene	exon	12613	12721	0.000000	+	.	gene_id "uc001aaa.3"; transcript_id "uc001aaa.3"; 
    chr1	hg19_knownGene	exon	13221	14409	0.000000	+	.	gene_id "uc001aaa.3"; transcript_id "uc001aaa.3"; 
    chr1	hg19_knownGene	exon	11874	12227	0.000000	+	.	gene_id "uc010nxr.1"; transcript_id "uc010nxr.1"; 
    chr1	hg19_knownGene	exon	12646	12697	0.000000	+	.	gene_id "uc010nxr.1"; transcript_id "uc010nxr.1"; 
    chr1	hg19_knownGene	exon	13221	14409	0.000000	+	.	gene_id "uc010nxr.1"; transcript_id "uc010nxr.1"; 
    chr1	hg19_knownGene	start_codon	12190	12192	0.000000	+	.	gene_id "uc010nxq.1"; transcript_id "uc010nxq.1"; 
    chr1	hg19_knownGene	CDS	12190	12227	0.000000	+	0	gene_id "uc010nxq.1"; transcript_id "uc010nxq.1"; 
    chr1	hg19_knownGene	exon	11874	12227	0.000000	+	.	gene_id "uc010nxq.1"; transcript_id "uc010nxq.1"; 
    chr1	hg19_knownGene	CDS	12595	12721	0.000000	+	1	gene_id "uc010nxq.1"; transcript_id "uc010nxq.1";

    So, when I grep out miRNA genes from the first gtf file obtained through Galaxy (hg19_genes.gtf ), I get a gtf file with only miRNA genes.
    command:
    Code:
    $cat hg19_genes.gtf | grep "MIR" > hg19_miRNA.gtf
    this command, however, does not work for the file I got from UCSC Tables (hg19_ucsc_table.gtf ). I guess the gene_id's are just denoted to contain miR/MIR symbol.

    So, my question:
    I would like to obtain miRNA gtf files for mm10 in UCSC format (I've used UCSC mm10 for mapping).
    In Galaxy, there is only UCSC mm9 gtf file (https://usegalaxy.org/library_common...9490a8b6c89961).
    How can I obtain UCSC mm10.gtf in a format, where I could grep out the miRNA genes????
  • GenoMax
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 7142

    #2
    You can use the table browser at UCSC to export mm10 annotation in GTF format.

    If you happen to have access to iGenomes mm10 download http://support.illumina.com/sequenci...e/igenome.html the GTF file would be in Annotations sub-directory.

    Comment

    • mastal
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2009
      • 666

      #3
      Hi heso,

      The format of the file you downloaded from Galaxy looks like
      the iGenomes files.

      Comment

      • heso
        Member
        • May 2014
        • 19

        #4
        I got it fixed now. I used this site for downloading.
        ftp://ussd-ftp.illumina.com/Mus_musculus/UCSC/mm10/

        There I found the gtf in the format I wanted.
        Thanks everybody

        Comment

        Latest Articles

        Collapse

        • SEQadmin2
          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
          by SEQadmin2


          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
          ...
          Yesterday, 10:25 AM
        • SEQadmin2
          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
          by SEQadmin2




          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

        ad_right_rmr

        Collapse

        News

        Collapse

        Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
        0 responses
        10 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        32 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        27 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        48 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Working...