X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by maubp View Post
      It will depend on which Galaxy installation you are using (e.g. the main http://usegalaxy.org Penn State one), and how busy it is with other people's work. If you asked on the Galaxy mailing list you'd probably get a better answer.
      Has the Galaxy server ever been known to go down? I am having some trouble accessing the download at the moment. No errors just too long of a wait that I am giving in. Thirty minutes is too long when you are on a deadline. I have been running some simulations to test different compositions of structural foams and plastics. I have been considering using them in a scientific construction class for university. Now I just need to find out who else is into manufacturing these products. Have you guys ever heard of www.dekalbplastics.com?
      Last edited by jiltysequence; 06-23-2011, 10:20 AM.

Comment

conver sanger fastQ into illumina fastQ

Is there any one know a script which can convert sanger fastQ (phred+33) to illumina fastQ( phred+64
        )

Comment

Originally posted by sunsnow86 View Post
          Is there any one know a script which can convert sanger fastQ (phred+33) to illumina fastQ( phred+64
          )
          Did you read all this thread? e.g. My earlier post said:

Originally posted by maubp
          You can use several existing tools to do the conversion from Illumina FASTQ to Sanger FASTQ, including EMBOSS seqret, Biopython, BioPerl, BioJava, BioRuby etc.
          These tools can also do the reverse conversion.

You can also do this in Galaxy

Comment

I can't seem to get seqret to read files at all. It keeps saying Died: seqret terminated: Bad value for '-sequence' and no prompt

Comment

Originally posted by Kotoro View Post
              I can't seem to get seqret to read files at all. It keeps saying Died: seqret terminated: Bad value for '-sequence' and no prompt
              It would help if you showed us the example command that failed and the exact error message.

Also, what version of EMBOSS do you have - what does the embossversion command give?

Comment

It would help if you showed us the example command that failed and the exact error message.

Also, what version of EMBOSS do you have - what does the embossversion command give?
                I had installed with the RPMS so the version was 5.0.0

it doesn't seem to balk being given fastq-illumina as a format specifier, while it does copmlain about just fastq.

seqret fastq-illumina::test.fq fastq-sanger::stdout
                Reads and writes (returns) sequences
                Error: Unable to read sequence 'fastq-illumina::test.fq'
                Died: seqret terminated: Bad value for '-sequence' and no prompt

just to show:
                seqret fastq::test.fq fastq::stdout
                Reads and writes (returns) sequences
                Error: Unknown input format 'fastq'
                Error: Unable to read sequence 'fastq::test.fq'
                Died: seqret terminated: Bad value for '-sequence' and no prompt

I'm trying to build the newest version from source now, and I'll see if it works.

Comment

seems to work fine, someone should get around to making RPM of the new versions for red hat systems.

I would if I knew how to make packages.
                  Last edited by Kotoro; 06-21-2011, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I had installed with the RPMS so the version was 5.0.0
                    FASTQ support was added in EMBOSS 6.1.0 patch 1, so that was the problem.

As to up to date RPMS, recent EMBOSS releases seem to exist on https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ (search for EMBOSS in upper case).

Comment

FASTQ support was added in EMBOSS 6.1.0 patch 1, so that was the problem.

As to up to date RPMS, recent EMBOSS releases seem to exist on https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ (search for EMBOSS in upper case).
                      Seems that there are some, unfortunately I'm using RHEL 6.1, and I should be using EPEL6 packages. It doesn't appear that there are any.

Comment

Is there a way to get seqret to leave in the labels on the + lines? Do these labels even matter?

Comment

Is there a way to get seqret to leave in the labels on the + lines? Do these labels even matter?
                          No, they are deliberately left out to save disk space. This shouldn't matter - and if you find a tool that doesn't like it, ask them to fix it

Comment

BWA with sanger FASTq file

I have Fastq files with Sanger quality score and I want to align to human genome using BWA. The question is if I dont use -I then will it work or I need to make some more changes so that it can work with Sanger quality score. In the BWA manual it is mentioned that use -I option for illumina FASTq fastq.

I apologise for my poor programing knowledge

Comment

If you have fastq files from a HiSeq run it most likely is sanger format fastq not the old illumina format that requied the -I option. So just run bwa without the -I option and you should be fine.

FYI - BWA alignment doesn't actually care about the quality encoding, but doing it properly is needed if you want to do variant calling.

Comment

Bwa

Thanks Jon,

Actually that is true I have to do the seq variation.

Once again I appreciate your help.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses