No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusion with Clsuatl Omega installation on Windows 7 64bit

Hi

I have been trying to install Clustal Omega on my Windows 7 64bit platform for a whole week but it's not getting configured correctly , it's really driving me crazy .

I followed the instructions provided here : ( http://www.blaststation.com/freestuf...64ClustalO.php ) , but I noticed that no file named ( libcc_sjlj-1.dll ) was created ... instead I had this file ( libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll ) !!

When I attempt to run it after installation it pops up for a second and disappears , on the other hand it's not recognizable by the cmd !!

I desperately need help with this , please if any one know what's wrong with this logfile ( https://gist.github.com/Baraa-1989/6d38f6327a5772d4d6c6 ) I will be very grateful and thankful for his/her help .

I need to know what's missing there .... is it something related to the platform characteristics that I'm not aware of ?!

Regards all ^_^
    Last edited by Bara'a Al-Hammad; 12-19-2014, 03:16 PM. Reason: misstyped "clustal' in title!!

If you are working in windows why are you not using the pre-compiled binary provided here: http://www.clustal.org/omega/#Download There is no need to compile anything.

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
      If you are working in windows why are you not using the pre-compiled binary provided here: http://www.clustal.org/omega/#Download There is no need to compile anything.
      Because it's not working !!

I tried to follow the installations instructions in the INSTALL.txt file , but when I came across argtable2 installation according to this reference ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/argtable/files/ ) I couldn't proceed with this command ( nmake -f Makefile.nmake ) ... it was not recognized by the cmd and I went through maze of dependencies , by which I mean installing visual studio , etc.

Do you have any idea why is that , please ?!

Comment

It is unfortunate that the INSTALL.txt file was left in the windows binary zip package. It does not appear to have any useful role in windows.

Just run included windows executable (clustalo.exe, like you did clustalw2.exe) before.

Comment

It is unfortunate that the INSTALL.txt file was left in the windows binary zip package. It does not appear to have any useful role in windows.

Just run included windows executable (clustalo.exe, like you did clustalw2.exe) before.
          So I'm not the only one who thought that it was weird to have (INSTALL.txt) in a windows package!!

I think such mistake could definitely consume memory as it leads to unnecessary installation's and procedures ... that's really irritating especially for those who are unfamiliar with Linux commands.

Let's hope it works as simple as running ClsutalW2 , Thanks a lot GenoMax

Comment

You were absolutely right

So , the solution was just to provide the full path of the executable (clustalo.exe) to the CMD , along with the query .

This works perfectly
            Last edited by Bara'a Al-Hammad; 12-22-2014, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Best Practices for Single-Cell Sequencing Analysis
              by seqadmin

While isolating and preparing single cells for sequencing was historically the bottleneck, recent technological advancements have shifted the challenge to data analysis. This highlights the rapidly evolving nature of single-cell sequencing. The inherent complexity of single-cell analysis has intensified with the surge in data volume and the incorporation of diverse and more complex datasets. This article explores the challenges in analysis, examines common pitfalls, offers...
              06-06-2024, 07:15 AM
            • seqadmin
              Latest Developments in Precision Medicine
              by seqadmin

Technological advances have led to drastic improvements in the field of precision medicine, enabling more personalized approaches to treatment. This article explores four leading groups that are overcoming many of the challenges of genomic profiling and precision medicine through their innovative platforms and technologies.

Somatic Genomics
              “We have such a tremendous amount of genetic diversity that exists within each of us, and not just between us as individuals,”...
              05-24-2024, 01:16 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 06-21-2024, 07:49 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 06-20-2024, 07:23 AM
            0 responses