Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easiest way to compute RNA-Seq mapping stats (exons, introns, intergenic)?

I aligned RNA-Seq data to a genome using tophat2. Now I have the bam file and I am looking for a straight-forward way to produce mapping statistics - how many reads map onto exons, introns and intergenic regions.

So my input consists of a bam file and the gtf file which I used with tophat2. What's the easiest way to get from this input to the output I need?

If there is no off-the-shelf tool that would do this, please suggest a pipeline by specifying the steps that I need to make to get from the input to the desired output.

try qualimap qualimap.bioinfo.cipf.es

Comment

The CollectRnaSeqMetrics program from the suite of Picard command-line tools will give you all of that data from the bam and gtf.

Comment

A nice tool-box is RSeQc.
        You need your bam-file and an annotation in bed format to run read_distribution.py.

Comment

Originally posted by cmbetts View Post
          The CollectRnaSeqMetrics program from the suite of Picard command-line tools will give you all of that data from the bam and gtf.
          I just googled it but it seems that CollectRnaSeqMetrics does not take as input GTF files. It requires RefFlat files. I am googling at the moment but cannot find documentation on how to convert gtf to RefFlat format.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael.Ante View Post
            A nice tool-box is RSeQc.
            You need your bam-file and an annotation in bed format to run read_distribution.py.
            Thanks, Michael. I am not sure RSeQC would do the job as, to quote,
            RSeQC cannot assign those reads that hit to intergenic regions that beyond region starting from TSS upstream 10Kb to TES downstream 10Kb

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
            0 responses