No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem trying to run VariationHunter

Hi,

I'm just trying to run the program VariationHunter, but I get the following error.

There doesn't seem to be any instructions for install & make just returns
    make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

Can anyone help

thanks alig

:~/Documents/VariationHunter/test$ VariationHunter_SC
    Please enter the minimum paired-end insert size:
    Please enter the maximum paired-end insert size:
    Please enter the pre-processing mapping prune probability:
    Please enter the name of the input file:
    output_DIVET.vh
    Please enter the minimum support for a cluster:
    sh: ./sortString: not found
    sh: ./calProbMinEditRead: not found
    sh: ./convertToInvLRProbMinEditDist: not found
    sh: ./createSetsDelAsInsNoGapInvRLProb.alpha: not found
    sh: ./combineRR_FF.Prob: not found
    etc...

I haven't used that program before, but judging from the errors you might want to check if all your program files are in the same path.

Do you know how to do that?
    SpliceMap: De novo detection of splice junctions from RNA-seq
    Download SpliceMap Comment here

Comment

Probs trying to run variationhunter

Hi john,

I forgot to say that I'd put the path to the program executables in my bash shell. They all reside in the same directory. So when I echo $PATH

/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/home/neuro/Documents/VariationHunter/Package/ForRelease_v0.3

All the executables are in ForRelease_v0.3 but it seems that only the VariationHunter_SC is recognised

thanks

alig

Comment

Hi Alig.

I have seen this error before when try to us the current Version of VariationHunter. For this version to work without any problems, you have to run the program from its directory that is /home/neuro/Documents/VariationHunter/Package/ForRelease_v0.3

I hope this helps you.

Comment

non human reference

could you advice how to run variation hunter with arbitrary reference genome. I have the impression that it assumes a certain hg assembly.
          When running with the output of mrfast I get files like this. All are empty:

2.Chr10.RR_FF 2.Chr13.RR_FF 2.Chr16.RR_FF 2.Chr19.RR_FF 2.Chr21.RR_FF 2.Chr24.RR_FF 2.Chr4.RR_FF 2.Chr7.RR_FF 2.FullChr.RR_FF 2.Prob.Clean 2.SV.Deletion
          2.Chr11.RR_FF 2.Chr14.RR_FF 2.Chr17.RR_FF 2.Chr1.RR_FF 2.Chr22.RR_FF 2.Chr2.RR_FF 2.Chr5.RR_FF 2.Chr8.RR_FF 2.Name.Edit.Prob 2.Prob.Full 2.SV.Insertion
          2.Chr12.RR_FF 2.Chr15.RR_FF 2.Chr18.RR_FF 2.Chr20.RR_FF 2.Chr23.RR_FF 2.Chr3.RR_FF 2.Chr6.RR_FF 2.Chr9.RR_FF 2.Name.MinEdit.TotalProb 2.SV 2.SV.Inversion

My input (generated with mrfast) is like:

test_sv_805942_806358_0:0:0_1:0:0_3 test 805941 806040 F 806258 806357 R D 1 17 2.095262e-02
          test_sv_107994_108275_0:0:0_1:0:0_4 test 107993 108092 F 108175 108274 R I 1 17 2.095262e-02
          test_sv_336499_336897_1:0:0_1:0:0_8 test 336498 336597 F 336797 336896 R D 2 17 4.390124e-04

my commandline running VariationHunter: (for pe reads, with outer distance of 350)

./VariationHunter_SC <<EOF
          mrfast_DIVET.vh
          EOF

Comment

I tried to simply run the makefile and got the following...any help would be appreciated...I'm kind of new to this.

./makefile
            ./makefile: line 1: all:: command not found
            ./makefile: line 3: calProbMinEditRead: command not found
            ./makefile: line 5: combineRR_FF.Prob: command not found
            ./makefile: line 7: convertToInvLRProbMinEditDist: command not found
            ./makefile: line 9: createSetsDelAsInsNoGapInvRLProb.alpha: command not found
            ./makefile: line 11: parserQualWReadPrunWSatellite: command not found
            ./makefile: line 13: setCoverProbWeighted: command not found
            ./makefile: line 15: sortString: command not found
            ./makefile: line 17: VariationHunter_SC: command not found

Comment

you are trying to execute the makefile as a shellscript. this doesnt work. you have run it using make. to build the (any) project using make, you usually do simply:

make

make will automatically detect the makefile, when it is appropriately named.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I actually did that as well and got the exact same result. Any other thoughts?

Comment

Actually I misspoke, this is the result of running make:

make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

Comment

Then you are pobably done with building/compiling variationHunter.

After I builded the project I can find these binaries:
                    calProbMinEditRead
                    convertToInvLRProbMinEditDist
                    sortString
                    VariationHunter_SC
                    combineRR_FF.Prob
                    createSetsDelAsInsNoGapInvRLProb.alpha
                    parserQualWReadPrunWSatellite
                    setCoverProbWeighted

Do you see those files ?

Comment

I will look a little later...but if I do see those files, do you know how to use the software? It seems like the manual is sparse. I wanted to find CNV between twins...I wanted to see CNV that differ between both twins and the reference genome, but more importantly I wanted to see instances where one twin has a CNV and the other does not (or has a different variation). I already have the aligned files. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

I have been trying to run the code given for Variation hunter (the set cover) version 3. When I run the VariationHunter_SC file I happen to get empty output files. I tried to make an input file out of the example given in the ReadMe file. I kindly request you to guide through it since I'm new to computing.

Regards
                        Nandy

Comment

Originally posted by milesgr View Post
                          I will look a little later...but if I do see those files, do you know how to use the software? It seems like the manual is sparse. I wanted to find CNV between twins...I wanted to see CNV that differ between both twins and the reference genome, but more importantly I wanted to see instances where one twin has a CNV and the other does not (or has a different variation). I already have the aligned files. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
                          Not entirely sure, but I think for cnv detection this software is not suited.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblesppf View Post
                            I have been trying to run the code given for Variation hunter (the set cover) version 3. When I run the VariationHunter_SC file I happen to get empty output files. I tried to make an input file out of the example given in the ReadMe file. I kindly request you to guide through it since I'm new to computing.

Regards
                            Nandy
                            I get the same problem..empty output no matter what input i loaded in. Can anyone kindly help?

Comment

VariationHunter with a non-human reference

Hi,

I too am trying to use VariationHunter with a non-human reference.

Is there an easy way to adapt the tool to work with other genomes?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                                04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                              0 responses