Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • hjanime
    replied
    Hi
    Glad to hear that new useful feature has been added,
    But I have one runtime problem below:

    ################################
    genome/chr1.fa
    --== SpliceMap 3.3 Junction Discoverer ==--
    Developed by Kin Fai Au and John C. Mu

    ____________

    Loading configuration file... run.cfg
    Reading read-file-list files!...
    Sequencer full read length: 75
    List 1:
    temp/read_1_1
    List 2:
    temp/read_1_2
    ____________
    Reading and indexing reference genome!...
    Chromosone name: chr1
    Chromosone Size: 247249719
    Index creation time: 72.4036 s.
    Index sorting time: 2.02698 s.
    ____________
    Reading and finding search seeds!...
    in ... read_1_1.1-50.seq
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std:ut_of_range'
    what(): basic_string::substr
    find: `./bin/SpliceMap' terminated by signal 6

    genome/chr8.fa

    could be the reason and how do I fix it ?
    My OS is Ubuntu 10.4 AMD64
    I am not sure if this applies to all other linux kernel versions.

    Thanks very much.

    Leave a comment:


  • lix
    replied
    OK, thank you so much.

    Leave a comment:


  • john_mu
    replied
    Hi Lix,

    Thanks for your interest, I'll try my best to help you.

    However, firstly could you please email me your run.cfg file and a log of your SpliceMap run? johnmu (at) stanford.edu

    I'll respond to you via email and then post here, when we have solved the problem.

    Sorry, that it did not work straight away.

    John Mu

    Leave a comment:


  • lix
    replied
    Hi,
    Thanks for this good tool. It's very fast and easy to use. But it seems that I did something wrong when I used it.
    I followed the tutorial as the website describes and edited the run.cfg file when running my own data. The problem may lie in the genome.
    I choosed "bowtie" as the mapping way, so I downloaded the index reference from the bowtie website like h_sapiens.1.ebwt, h_sapiens.2.ebwt, h_sapiens.3.ebwt, h_sapiens.4.ebwt, h_sapiens.rev.1.ebwt, h_sapiens.rev.2.ebwt, and also, downloaded the hg18 chromosome files(chromFa.fa) like chr1.fa, chr2.fa,.... After that, I simply put all these files into the same directory like "genome" while not putting all the FASTA chromosome files into a same file, such as the CMD "cat chr*.fa > hg18.fa", as it didn't work.
    After running, the output file didn't show any mapped results, only the information like "
    @HD VN:1.0 SO:coordinate
    @SQ SN:chr1 LN:247249719
    @SQ SN:chr10 LN:135374737
    @SQ SN:chr11 LN:134452384
    @SQ SN:chr12 LN:132349534
    @SQ SN:chr13 LN:114142980
    @SQ SN:chr14 LN:106368585
    @SQ SN:chr15 LN:100338915
    @SQ SN:chr16 LN:88827254
    @SQ SN:chr17 LN:78774742
    @SQ SN:chr18 LN:76117153
    @SQ SN:chr19 LN:63811651
    @SQ SN:chr2 LN:242951149
    @SQ SN:chr20 LN:62435964
    @SQ SN:chr21 LN:46944323
    @SQ SN:chr22 LN:49691432
    @SQ SN:chr3 LN:199501827
    @SQ SN:chr4 LN:191273063
    @SQ SN:chr5 LN:180857866
    @SQ SN:chr6 LN:170899992
    @SQ SN:chr7 LN:158821424
    @SQ SN:chr8 LN:146274826
    @SQ SN:chr9 LN:140273252
    @SQ SN:chrX LN:154913754
    @SQ SN:chrY LN:57772954
    @PG ID:SpliceMap VN:3.3
    "
    I've tried using the reads to align a certain chromosome such as the chr21, and it worked well as expected, but it failed when using the genome as I described above.

    I'm sorry for my clumsy understanding. Any kind suggestion is appreciated.


    lix
    Last edited by lix; 06-17-2010, 09:50 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • SpliceMap 3.3 Released - Improved long-read sensitivity

    Hi Everybody,

    SpliceMap 3.3 has just been released. The main change is significant improvements to sensitivity when aligning long RNA-seq reads. The following 3.3.x releases will focus on usability.

    New Website: http://www.stanford.edu/group/wongla...Map/index.html

    Please check the website for descriptions of the new features.

    Please let me know if there are any concerns.

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    09-28-2026, 10:25 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
53 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...