Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why the read sequence from IGV can't be found in fastq?

I found a strange read pair from IGV, so i want to extract the original information about the read pair.
    I use " zcat file.fastq.gz | grep -B 3 "TCTCAAAAAGCACATGGATTCTACTCCTGATTTCTCCAAGGATCTACATATGATCAAAACATATCTTTACCAGATTCTCCGTGGAATTGCGTATTGCCACTCTCATAGGGTTCTCCATCGTGATC"
    The strange thing is i can't find it in original fq file.

Try grepping for the read name, that's less error prone:

Code:
    zgrep -A 3 "HWI:stuff" file.fastq.gz

Comment

My guess is the sequence has been reverse complemented, and that's why you can't find it. As dpryan suggests, try searching by the read name instead.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Addressing Off-Target Effects in CRISPR Technologies
        by seqadmin

The first FDA-approved CRISPR-based therapy marked the transition of therapeutic gene editing from a dream to reality1. CRISPR technologies have streamlined gene editing, and CRISPR screens have become an important approach for identifying genes involved in disease processes2. This technique introduces targeted mutations across numerous genes, enabling large-scale identification of gene functions, interactions, and pathways3. Identifying the full range...
        08-27-2024, 04:44 AM
      • seqadmin
        Selecting and Optimizing mRNA Library Preparations
        by seqadmin

Sequencing mRNA provides a snapshot of cellular activity, allowing researchers to study the dynamics of cellular processes, compare gene expression across different tissue types, and gain insights into the mechanisms of complex diseases. “mRNA’s central role in the dogma of molecular biology makes it a logical and relevant focus for transcriptomic studies,” stated Sebastian Aguilar Pierlé, Ph.D., Application Development Lead at Inorevia. “One of the major hurdles for...
        08-07-2024, 12:11 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 08-27-2024, 04:40 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 08-22-2024, 05:00 AM
      0 responses