Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ddelalca
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2015
    • 2

    #1

    Demultiplexing combinatorial barcodes from paired end data

    Hey, I've been trying to figure out how to demultiplex paired-end 250 miseq data that has three different barcodes.

    The samples all come from 96 well plates. I have two 5' barcodes representing plate number as well as plate column. These two barcodes are linked via a common adapter sequence. I then have one 3' barcode that represents the plate column.

    I am fairly sure I would be able to demultiplexing the data in 2 rounds in which I first demultiplex based upon each plate/column combination, and then demultiplex the result based upon the 3' barcode.

    This seems fairly cumbersome as I have 2880 unique samples. Is there some sort of software in which I can provide simply the three unique barcodes, and then demultiplex in one step?

    Also, I usually use the A5Pipeline (https://code.google.com/p/ngopt/wiki/A5PipelineREADME) to error correct sequence reads, remove Illumina adapter sequences, and assemble the paired-reads. Would I be able to assemble the reads using A5 and then demultiplex the data, or do I have to run the pipeline on each individual sample after first demultiplexing. Thanks!
  • ddelalca
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2015
    • 2

    #2
    Does anyone have experience with combinatorial barcodes?

    Comment

    • GenoMax
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2008
      • 7142

      #3
      How long are these barcodes? It may be possible to write some custom code to do this in one step but without seeing what you reads look like (or a good schematic) no one is going to be able to help. It may be best to find someone locally who can work with you interactively.

      If the A5Pipeline changes the context of the barcodes it will make things complicated. You may have to run the pipeline post demultiplexing.

      Comment

      • JackieBadger
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2009
        • 385

        #4
        This will do it https://code.google.com/p/jmhc/

        Comment

        • GenoMax
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2008
          • 7142

          #5
          Originally posted by JackieBadger View Post
          Can you import fastq files? Description states that it operates on fasta files (internally?). I don't think this will do 3 barcodes in a single pass.

          Comment

          • relipmoc
            Member
            • Jul 2011
            • 58

            #6
            use skewer

            Hi ddelalca,
            You may use skewer for this purpose. An example command line is as follows:
            Code:
            skewer -x V3-forward.txt -y V4-reverse.txt --mode ap -t 4 ampliconReads-pair1.fastq ampliconReads-pair2.fastq assigned/
            If you only use some of the combinations, you may specify the matrix by -M as well.
            Good luck!
            Attached Files

            Comment

            Latest Articles

            Collapse

            • SEQadmin2
              New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
              by SEQadmin2


              Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

              We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
              ...
              Today, 10:25 AM
            • SEQadmin2
              How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
              by SEQadmin2




              The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

              This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
              09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

            ad_right_rmr

            Collapse

            News

            Collapse

            Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
            0 responses
            27 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
            0 responses
            24 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
            1 response
            45 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post pekgio
            by pekgio
             
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
            1 response
            55 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post pekgio
            by pekgio
             
            Working...