Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tablet visualization tool for linux

Hi, I have downloaded tablet_linux_x64_1_10_05_21.sh and installed in our linux server. Do I need to use X-win to visualise the data (in linux server) from my desktop. Please let me know the steps involved. I have bam file from illumina reads (human). What are the other files needed for visualisation? Thanks.

You can open x applications remotely in several ways. A very easy one is to use the X server network capabilities. ssh into the server doing:

ssh -X -C server.net

Now when you open an X application like xeys the application will show up in your client machine.

Comment

Hi Jose,
      Thx for the response. Can you please be bit more clear as I don't understand. For example if my linux server name is G001, do I have to do as below from the my desktop (windows cmd prompt) C:\Program Files\SSH Communications Security\SSH Secure Shell>ssh2.exe -X -C seqGA@GA001?

I am still not getting the visualzation screen from my desktop. I have installed Tablet in my linux server. Thanks.

Comment

As alternative you might want to download the Windows 32bit or 64bit version of tablet and install it locally on your Windows PC, so you don't need to access the program via the network.

Comment

The instructions I gave you will only work from a linux machine, you need a X server.
          Another alternatives are:
          - Xming. hard, but free.
          - nx. Easy but non free.

Comment

Hi all,
            Thx for the response. Since I don't want to import bam files from the server into my desktop every time, I am working on making xwin32 to work..Thx again.

Comment

If you can network map to the BAM files from your windows desktop (or put the files on a web server running on the linux box), then it won't really matter. Tablet (and any of the graphical viewers) will let you look at the BAM file without having to copy the whole thing to your local system.

Iain
              Our software: Tablet | Flapjack | Strudel | CurlyWhirly | TOPALi

Comment

Thx Ian for the help. I will definitely try.
                we have the bam files on a web server running on linux box. How to use Tablet in that case. I am downloading the windows version to try the next step. Thanks.
                Last edited by seq_GA; 06-22-2010, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by seq_GA View Post
                  we have the bam files on a web server running on linux box. How to use Tablet in that case.
                  Just get the URL of the file on the clipboard (eg http://someserver/somefile.bam) and paste that into the Open Assembly dialog within Tablet. Same with the reference data if it's on the server too.

Iain

Comment

Thx Iain..

Comment

Hi Iain,

When I try pasting the below url as http:/qyz03/misc/test.bam in the primary assembly file or URL, the Reference/consensus file or URL becomes inactive and when I click open button, I get to see the following error:
                      Code:
                      An error has occurred while attempting to open the provided assembly. 
                      java.lang.NullPointerException

Input file(s) used:
                      http:/qyz03/misc/test.bam
                      How to overcome this? Sorry for asking too many questions. Thanks.

Comment

Check that your web browser will attempt to download the file if you paste the URL in that.

And also attach a copy of the "output.log" file from Tablet's install dir. It might give me a clue as to what's going wrong.

Iain

Comment

Thank you so much Iain for your help. I have missed something in the url and now I am able to load.

Comment

Originally posted by seq_GA View Post
                            Thank you so much Iain for your help. I have missed something in the url and now I am able to load.
                            Was it just simply a wrong URL? I'll need to check what Tablet is doing if that happens as that wasn't exactly the world's best error message for such a simple mistake

Comment

Yes, I missed one slash in the url.

The correct url is
                              Code:
                              http://qyz03/misc/test.bam
                              And now I see another problem. After loading the bam file, I concatenated all fasta files of human genome into hg18.fa and try uploding and I see the following error message.

Code:
                              Unfortunately, Tablet no longer has enough memory to complete its current task and must be closed.
                              Last edited by seq_GA; 06-22-2010, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
                                by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
                                05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                                04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:35 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 05-09-2024, 02:46 PM
                              0 responses