Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different dendograms for correaltion heatamp and distance heatmaps for RNAseq samples

Hi,

I am new to analyze the RNAseq data. I have 6 samples (3 Controls and 3 treated) for which I would like to find how similar/dissimilar are they.
    I found the similarity/dissimilarity between samples using Eucledian distance as well as Correlation matrix but the resulting dendogram are different between this two methods. I cant understand why this is happening. Kindly guide me.

Code for heatmap based on Euclidean Distance

Code:
    vsd <- varianceStabilizingTransformation(dds, blind=TRUE)
    heatmap(as.matrix(dist(t(assay(vsd)))))
    Code for Correlation heatmap
    Code:
    heatmap(cor(assay(vsd)))

Given that the correlation and euclidean distance are different, I wonder why you expect them to produce identical dendrograms.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. So in order to find which samples are close to each other, which is better to use. Correlation matrix or distance matrix? Kindly guide me

Comment

Neither is better than the other. You simply need to choose which one you prefer. I generally use euclidean distance, but one of my colleagues uses cor(). Just make sure to indicate which, though you tend to get similar results either way.

Comment

Thanks for your guidance. . Now I understood the logic.
          Is my approach for using cor() on assay(vsd) with following code is right?

Code:
          vsd=varianceStabilizingTransformation(dds, blind=TRUE)
          Code:
          heatmap(cor(assay(vsd)))

Comment

It looks OK by eye-ball, but I should warn you that I rarely use the heatmap() function manually, so I might easily miss something obvious there.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
              by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
              05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
            • seqadmin
              Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
              by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
              04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 05-10-2024, 06:35 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 05-09-2024, 02:46 PM
            0 responses