Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pathway Analysis packages for microArray

We're using a microarray platform from Agilent for a cancer study, and we're interested in analyzing data from SNP, gene expression copy number variations via Comparative Genomic Hybridization (CGH-arrays) perspectives, the analytical goals involve:
    1. Pathway Analysis
    2. Feature Extraction
    3. Miscellaneous analyses

In our quest to acquire specialized software I have looked into GeneSpring and the Ingenuity Pathways analysis (IPA) in addition to Partek (Genomic Suite) but still I need assistance in recommending to me what other alternative vendors out there I should include in analyzing the requirements and the cross functionalities offered by each one of these solution for our analytical goals.

I am resorting to the wiser fellows at seqAnswers to guide me around by their generous contributions..

Thank You...

Hi Bioslayer,

If you need extensive and customized analysis, most likely not a single software or software package can satisfy all your needs. You may consider professional consultants - I am one of them - check www.contigexpress.com.

Good luck,
    Douglas

Comment

Hello Douglas,

Thanks, we're just analyzing these applications so far, while some of these packages are specialized at a given genomic activity, others are more generalized whereas yet there are other packages which are publicly available...

So I am just trying to collect many of the different packages out there and study their specs, features, price and measure that against our requirements..

Comment

In that case, CLC Bio genomics workbench also includes general microarray analysis modules: http://www.clcbio.com/index.php?id=1240

Comment

Exactly, So I included CLC BIO together with other 9 vendors like agilent and Geospiza and we're trying to compare different areas that each one of these is going to fit in..

Comment

Hi BioSlayer... hopefully by now you must have compiled the list. Can you please share it with other users...

Comment

We've approached the following companies, while this list is yet not so exhaustive, however, some of these vendors products can be comparable, we're yet to find out after coming in contact with their sales agents and waiting for their response to our queries...
              • agilent.
              • ingenuity (Pathway Analysis).
              • Aridane Genomics.
              • GeoSpiza.
              • Partek.
              • Tibco (Spotfire).
              • Biobase.
              • Ocimum Biosolutions.
              • GeneGo metacore (Pathway analysis).

The web addresses to these companies are readily available and we're still yet to analyse our needs a little bit further.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses