Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bismark CpA dinucleotides

I would like to specifically look at CpA dinucleotide methylation (ie. make a bedgraph) like I can with CpG's using Bismark. What is the best way to do this? I think I could run bedGraph2cytosine on the CHH bedgraph then use the 2nd last column of the bedGraph2cytosine output (C-context) to pull out all lines that contain "CA_".

Also just to clarify something something, a CHH file should contain everything in the CpG file + CHG file + other C contexts, or does CHH contain all C contexts excluding CpG and CHG?

Regarding the CHH file, it will not contain bases in either the CpG or the CHG file, since H means "everything except G".

For getting CpA context methylation, you'd presumably need to go through both the CHH and CHG files (note that you might look at them separately first to ensure that the CHG context doesn't itself have an effect that you need to account for!). Personally I'd just modify PileOMeth to get CpA metrics, but to each their own

Comment

We have actually done exactly that in the past, so I can just attach a script to do the job. In short you can just run bismark2bedgraph (maybe only using non-CG files from the methylation extraction (since CHG files may also have CA-calls)) using the following command:
      Code:
      bismark2bedGraph --CX -o non-CG.bedGraph CH*
      and then proceed further to coverage2cytosine:

Code:
      coverage2cytosine --genome /your/genome/ -o non-CG.CX_report.txt non-CG.cov.gz

Then you can run the attached script to filter out all CA calls and write out a new CA.cov file with the following command:

Code:
      filter_out_CA_calls.pl *CX_report.txt
      All the best, Felix
      Attached Files

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses