Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Him26
    Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 20

    #1

    STAR mapping error

    Hi, I am using STAR to find fusion transcripts and may be use cufflinks to quantify the transcripts. below is my command for 2ndpass mapping.

    $STAR_HOME/STAR --runThreadN $CORE \
    --genomeDir $GDIR \
    --readFilesIn $READ1 $READ2 \
    --readFilesCommand zcat \
    --sjdbGTFfile $GTF \
    --quantMode TranscriptomeSAM GeneCounts \
    --outSAMattributes NH HI NM MD AS nM XS \
    --chimSegmentMin 12 \
    --chimJunctionOverhangMin 12 \
    --alignSJDBoverhangMin 10 \
    --outSAMtype BAM Unsorted

    I gave 40gb of memory. It ran fine with one sample test but when I generated index with multisample and tried the 2nd pass mapping
    it gave me the following error

    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std:ut_of_range'
    what(): vector::_M_range_check
    /opt/gridengine/default/spool/r-slave-1-3/job_scripts/581271: line 76: 26016 Aborted (core dumped) $ST

    This happens while processing the gtf file.
    Is there somthing wrong with my new SAindex ? how do I fix this?
    If I want to try the option --alignMatesGapMax --alignIntronMax with bigger numbers the process would get killed. Is there a limit on this?
    Thank you.
  • alexdobin
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2009
    • 161

    #2
    Originally posted by Him26 View Post
    Hi, I am using STAR to find fusion transcripts and may be use cufflinks to quantify the transcripts. below is my command for 2ndpass mapping.

    $STAR_HOME/STAR --runThreadN $CORE \
    --genomeDir $GDIR \
    --readFilesIn $READ1 $READ2 \
    --readFilesCommand zcat \
    --sjdbGTFfile $GTF \
    --quantMode TranscriptomeSAM GeneCounts \
    --outSAMattributes NH HI NM MD AS nM XS \
    --chimSegmentMin 12 \
    --chimJunctionOverhangMin 12 \
    --alignSJDBoverhangMin 10 \
    --outSAMtype BAM Unsorted

    I gave 40gb of memory. It ran fine with one sample test but when I generated index with multisample and tried the 2nd pass mapping
    it gave me the following error

    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std:ut_of_range'
    what(): vector::_M_range_check
    /opt/gridengine/default/spool/r-slave-1-3/job_scripts/581271: line 76: 26016 Aborted (core dumped) $ST

    This happens while processing the gtf file.
    Is there somthing wrong with my new SAindex ? how do I fix this?
    If I want to try the option --alignMatesGapMax --alignIntronMax with bigger numbers the process would get killed. Is there a limit on this?
    Thank you.
    Hi @Him26,

    please post or send me the Log.out file, and also a few hundred lines. It's likely that the problem is with GTF file formatting.

    Cheers
    Alex

    Comment

    • Him26
      Member
      • Aug 2011
      • 20

      #3
      My dumb mistake

      Hi Alex,

      Thank you for your reply.
      I was looking through the gtf file and found that gtf file I was using had different 'chr' naming.
      Gtf file I was using for the 1st mapping and 2nd mapping was different.
      My bad for not checking this from the first place.

      Thank you for your advice.

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
      0 responses
      11 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      34 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      28 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      48 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...