No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transrate for metatranscriptome data

Hi all,

I am trying to install and use Transrate to assess the quality of different assemblies of some metatranscriptome data I have. However when I use gem install and then try to install dependencies this is what I get:
    $ sudo /users/bmg/chc/bin/transrate --install-deps read
    [sudo] password for chc:
    Checking dependencies
    Installing snap (1.0beta.18)...
    Installing bam-read (1.0.0)...
    Installing salmon (0.4)...
    [ERROR] 2016-03-31 12:31:38 : Failed to install:
    - salmon:0.4

Does anyone have any ideas how to work around this non- informative error??

Not a direct answer for your question.

If you are referring to salmon (counting program) then 0.4 is an old version. Perhaps you could manually install salmon binaries from here: https://github.com/COMBINE-lab/salmon/releases If transrate requires that particular version then you could try installing that manually.

Comment

Hi chc, transrate author here.

For some reason, transrate has tried to install the salmon dependency but can't find it afterwards. It might be related to using sudo - you shouldn't have to use sudo with transrate and doing so is likely to cause problems (because sudo often leads to a different user space being visible to the programs it runs).

The easiest way to install transrate, and the recommended option unless you want to use it as a dependency in a Ruby program, is to use the pre-packaged install.

You can grab 1.0.1 here: https://github.com/Blahah/transrate/releases/tag/v1.0.1

I'll be releasing a new version ASAP, hopefully today, with the latest Salmon release, but 1.0.1 should work fine.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
      0 responses