Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Genemark-ES

I am working on a fungal genome (454-data) and want to run Genemark-ES, but am having a lot of problems getting it to work. Usually I get the error-message "St9bad_alloc", but I have on one occassion actually managed to get it to spit out a mod-file. However, when I try to use that mod-file together with gmhmm3 to extract the protein sequences, I get the "St9bad_alloc" error again. The thing is that, as far as I know, I am running the program in the same way, but am getting different error messages, and as mentioned I have even managed to get it to work (sort of) once. It seems unstable. The logfile also reports "warning, error in input file format" on occassion.

I have assembled the genome with Mira into roughly 4000 contigs and a number of singles, and have all the sequences in a fasta file. I have tried keeping the contig-names in the fasta-file as well as removing them, but no difference. If the problem lies in the contig-file, I just can't understand what it might be.

I am running the 64-bit Linux version and have tried both Ubuntu 64bit and Scientific Linux 64-bit. I run the program using the gm_es.pl script as I want the program to train itself on the genome.

Any help would be much appreciated. Just now I don't know if the problem is with my indata or with the program, so all ideas are welcome.

Managed to resolve the issue myself. Turns out that St9bad_alloc is a memoryrelated problem, and by running on a machine with more memory, the error message disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbe View Post
      Managed to resolve the issue myself. Turns out that St9bad_alloc is a memoryrelated problem, and by running on a machine with more memory, the error message disappeared.
      Yep - it means the C++ call to "new" to allocate some memory for an array (or something) failed, and the exception was not caught by the programmer... naughty.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
      • seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses