• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venkat
    replied
    I am trying to run bfast bwaaln -A 1 "ref.fa" "reads.fastq"
    but I am getting an error invalid option -A
    then How can mention for color reads bcoz my index file with color reads is not recognized without -A option.

Please help me out

Leave a comment:

• nilshomer
    replied
    Originally posted by michaelkre View Post
    I figured it out.

The autogen config.h file contains a define called HAVE_LIBPTHREAD that is required by bwaaln.c in order for threading to be compiled in.

The solution I found was to add the following code to the bfast/BLibDefinitions.h file.

#include "../config.h"

bwaaln.c picks up the HAVE_LIBPTHREAD and everything works like a champ.

Michael
    Patch applied. Thank-you kindly for figuring it out. I good place to send help is [email protected] (for help) or [email protected] (for developer questions).

Leave a comment:

• michaelkre
    replied
    Solved BFAST bwaaln only running One core

I figured it out.

The autogen config.h file contains a define called HAVE_LIBPTHREAD that is required by bwaaln.c in order for threading to be compiled in.

The solution I found was to add the following code to the bfast/BLibDefinitions.h file.

#include "../config.h"

bwaaln.c picks up the HAVE_LIBPTHREAD and everything works like a champ.

Michael

Leave a comment:

• michaelkre
    replied
    Is running bwa_aln_core...

drio, Thanks for the reply. Yes its hyperthreading. So, with my machine I can run 16 threads.

The algorithm is in [bwa_aln_core] and still not spawing more than one thread. I was just checking to see if anyone had similar issues with bfast Version: 0.6.4e while running bwaaln.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Michael

Leave a comment:

• drio
    replied
    The multithreaded mode does not quick in immediately. It only happens when bwa is computing the alignments.

Run your bwa instance in one console. In the other one, dump the vmstat command output to a file.

Once the execution is completed... look at the first columns of the vmstat output across time.. you should see 16 at some point.

BTW, you said it is a dual quad core, that should be a 8 core machine (perhaps is hyperthreaded?)

Leave a comment:

• michaelkre
    started a topic BFast+BWA Only using one Core

BFast+BWA Only using one Core

I am using BFAST+BWA for SOLiD alignment. When I run the following command:

PHP Code:
    bfast bwaaln -t 16 --f results/solid0131_20100330_2_bc_WTA_Tumor_Lib2_F3.bmf ref/hg19.fa reads/solid0131_20100330_2_bc_WTA_Tumor_Lib2_F3.fastq 

I am only getting one CPU running on my Dual Quad Core Server (which appears as 16 CPU cores). I have run the simple bwa and am getting multiple core usage - so I am pretty sure its not my server and Ubuntu installation.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to debug?

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Recent Developments in Metagenomics
    by seqadmin

Metagenomics has improved the way researchers study microorganisms across diverse environments. Historically, studying microorganisms relied on culturing them in the lab, a method that limits the investigation of many species since most are unculturable1. Metagenomics overcomes these issues by allowing the study of microorganisms regardless of their ability to be cultured or the environments they inhabit. Over time, the field has evolved, especially with the advent...
    09-23-2024, 06:35 AM
  • seqadmin
    Understanding Genetic Influence on Infectious Disease
    by seqadmin

During the COVID-19 pandemic, scientists observed that while some individuals experienced severe illness when infected with SARS-CoV-2, others were barely affected. These disparities left researchers and clinicians wondering what causes the wide variations in response to viral infections and what role genetics plays.

Jean-Laurent Casanova, M.D., Ph.D., Professor at Rockefeller University, is a leading expert in this crossover between genetics and infectious...
    09-09-2024, 10:59 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 10-02-2024, 04:51 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 10-01-2024, 07:10 AM
0 responses