Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best pipeline for RNASeq atm?

Hi guys,

What do you recommand for RNASeq analysis. I know some people use Tophat and cufflinks. Is tophat + cufflinks the best way to go?

Thanks

The answer to your question very much depends on what the goal of your analysis is.

And even if we knew it, in most cases, there would be no objective answer

Comment

If you are working in eukaryotes and are interested in splice variants, tophat + cufflinks is a good tool. I haven't been able to get the pipeline to work with SOLiD data, though.

For SOLiD data, the statistical methods outlined in Bullard et. al. (2010) work very nicely if you want to calculate differential expression. I don't know of any software package that does those, but you can program them in R or Perl without too much trouble.

If you have other aspirations for your data, you will likely have to create at least a few of your own tools to get an analysis that fits your experiment type. This field is still new enough that many types of analysis haven't been standardized yet.

Comment

I am using human samples donig control and cancer group comparison

Comment

Originally posted by foxyg View Post
          I am using human samples donig control and cancer group comparison
          That's not a sufficient amount of information. Do you just want to look at expression levels for known genes, or you're interested in isoforms, unknown transcripts, chimeric transcripts (relevant for cancer), etc.

Comment

I want to look at all the thing I can look at for the data give. BTW the data obtained from Illumina seqencer.

Comment

Then you are looking for a combination of de novo splice mapper and a transcript reconstruction and quantification program. TopHat + Cufflinks is one way to go but by no means the only thing out there

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
              0 responses