Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • luana
    Member
    • May 2016
    • 14

    #1

    Problem with running tophat

    I tried to run tophat a lot and I haven't success. I need help please!!!!!
    My reads were sequencing at Solid and this version support this kind of read with the bowtie 1 ( I used Bowtie 1.1.1). I indexed the Phaseolus' genome (.ebtw).

    $ tophat --color --quals -r -p fr-secondstrand ebwt_base_index.fa -o NGR1_NGR2_1_thout genome NFN_run6_Transcriptoma_29102013_bcSample1_F3_NGR1.csfasta NFN_run6_Transcriptoma_29102013_bcSample1_F3_NGR2.csfasta NFN_run6_Transcriptoma_29102013_bcSample1_F3_QV_NGR1.qual NFN_run6_Transcriptoma_29102013_bcSample1_F3_QV_NGR2.qual

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/tophat", line 4107, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
    File "/usr/bin/tophat", line 3858, in main
    args = params.parse_options(argv)
    File "/usr/bin/tophat", line 1008, in parse_options
    self.read_params.parse_options(opts)
    File "/usr/bin/tophat", line 467, in parse_options
    self.mate_inner_dist = int(value)
    ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '-p'

    Anyone could help me to solved this?????
  • mastal
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 666

    #2
    If you use the parameter -r, then you need to specify an integer value for -r, the mate inner distance (distance between the two reads of a pair).

    Otherwise, if you don't specify -r, the tophat manual says the default value is 50.

    Comment

    • luana
      Member
      • May 2016
      • 14

      #3
      Now I don't specify the -r and this message appeared..the files indexes are at directory

      tophat --color --quals fr-secondstran genome.fa -o NGR1_NGR2_1_thout genome NFN_run6_Transcriptoma_29102013_bcSample1_F3_NGR1.csfasta NFN_run6_Transcriptoma_29102013_bcSample1_F3_NGR2.csfasta NFN_run6_Transcriptoma_29102013_bcSample1_F3_QV_NGR1.qual NFN_run6_Transcriptoma_29102013_bcSample1_F3_QV_NGR2.qual

      [2016-06-17 15:24:41] Beginning TopHat run (v2.1.0)
      -----------------------------------------------
      [2016-06-17 15:24:41] Checking for Bowtie
      Bowtie version: 1.1.1.0
      [2016-06-17 15:24:41] Checking for Bowtie index files (genome)..
      Error: Could not find Bowtie index files (fr-secondstran.*.ebwt)

      What's the problem?

      Comment

      • GenoMax
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2008
        • 7142

        #4
        You have not specified the "basename" (ebwt_base_index, if that is the name) of the index files for the genome that you are searching against.

        Comment

        • mastal
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2009
          • 666

          #5
          Hi Luana,

          You are missing the final 'd' from fr-secondstrand, and you are also
          missing the /path/to/ the bowtie index (give only the prefix of the index name).
          Last edited by mastal; 06-17-2016, 11:04 AM.

          Comment

          • luana
            Member
            • May 2016
            • 14

            #6
            Hi Guys,
            I'm trying to fix this script but the problem persist. I put the "d" in the fr-secondstrand, but I didn't understand witch file from index directory I have to use.
            When I indexed the genome I used the fasta file and I had six files .ebwt
            How file index .ebwt I have to use in this script?

            tophat --color --quals fr-secondstrand /bowtie/bowtie-index/ebwt_base -o NGR1_NGR2_1_thout genome NFN_run6_Transcriptoma_29102013_bcSample1_F3_NGR1.csfasta NFN_run6_Transcriptoma_29102013_bcSample1_F3_NGR2.csfasta NFN_run6_Transcriptoma_29102013_bcSample1_F3_QV_NGR1.qual NFN_run6_Transcriptoma_29102013_bcSample1_F3_QV_NGR2.qual

            [2016-06-22 10:12:38] Beginning TopHat run (v2.1.0)
            -----------------------------------------------
            [2016-06-22 10:12:38] Checking for Bowtie
            Bowtie version: 1.1.1.0
            [2016-06-22 10:12:38] Checking for Bowtie index files (genome)..
            Error: Could not find Bowtie index files (fr-secondstrand.*.ebwt)

            Comment

            • mastal
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2009
              • 666

              #7
              you use what is know as the 'prefix', the common part of the filename before the .ebwt, so all 6 of your index files should have the same 'prefix'.

              Also, do you have single-end or paired-end reads? If your reads are single-end, then you should have a comma instead of a space between the names of the two read files, and between the names of the 2 quality files.
              Last edited by mastal; 06-22-2016, 06:24 AM.

              Comment

              Latest Articles

              Collapse

              • SEQadmin2
                New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                by SEQadmin2


                Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                ...
                Yesterday, 10:25 AM
              • SEQadmin2
                How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                by SEQadmin2




                The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

              ad_right_rmr

              Collapse

              News

              Collapse

              Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
              0 responses
              29 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
              0 responses
              25 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
              1 response
              46 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post pekgio
              by pekgio
               
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
              1 response
              55 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post pekgio
              by pekgio
               
              Working...