Hello all. In a DE experiment concerning a gene of interest there is an upregulated condition, downregulated condition and control. When comparing these using DESeq, it obviously makes sense to compare both conditions against the control. However, when comparing the upregulated condition against the downregulated condition, what are we getting out of this and how can we interpret this?
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
RNA-seq results comparison possible or not?
I have 2 sets of data for my plant, the first set included 3 biological reps from plants that grown in 3 different times and got the samples from 2 parts of the stem to compare cell wall genes expression, my second set of plants grown in different light condition but still have 2 biological reps. Now I want to see does light affect the cell wall gene expression or not? Can I do this comparison between these 2 sets of data? How about the batch effects? The problem is that I didn't include any control in second sets of plants and I don't know how I can find about the batch effects or is it even possible to adjust the batch effects?
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
42 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
48 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
39 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment