Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nikooki2016
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2016
    • 8

    #1

    How to get some hands on experience with NGS data analysis?

    Hi, I register a coursera NGS data analysis course online. Finished most of the course, like Pyhthon and Unix command line.

    I want to know how to get some hands on experience with NGS data analysis? I know I can download data from NCBI. Is there any online project I can do?

    For example, when I worked on python I found http://codingbat.com/python to practice my coding skill?


    Thanks
  • HESmith
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 512

    #2
    The Rosalind project (see here) is a good place to start.

    Comment

    • thermophile
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2015
      • 243

      #3
      The sequencing companies have example datasets. For Illumina, make a BaseSpace account and it will offer you some of their datasets.
      Microbial ecologist, running a sequencing core. I have lots of strong opinions on how to survey communities, pretty sure some are even correct.

      Comment

      • nikooki2016
        Junior Member
        • Mar 2016
        • 8

        #4
        That's very helpful.

        Originally posted by HESmith View Post
        The Rosalind project (see here) is a good place to start.

        Comment

        Latest Articles

        Collapse

        • SEQadmin2
          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
          by SEQadmin2


          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
          ...
          Today, 10:25 AM
        • SEQadmin2
          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
          by SEQadmin2




          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

        ad_right_rmr

        Collapse

        News

        Collapse

        Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        28 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        24 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        46 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
        1 response
        55 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Working...