Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, golharam and simonandrews

Thanks! I am using WinXP. I will try to run SeqMonk on my desktop first to see if it works.

-c

Comment

This week I discovered that using BigWig files for coverage data works really nicely in GBrowse.

I would really love to have a simple plotting tool to take per chromosome coverage data from something like a BigWig file and plot a nice looking coverage figure. I'm thinking of coding it myself in (probably) python or (maybe) R but if anyone can point me to examples to get started that would be great. Although some genome browsers make coverage plots, they just don't look nice for publication use IMHO.
      Last edited by natstreet; 10-01-2010, 08:10 AM.

Comment

I'd use circos and it's 2d tracks.
        Last edited by drio; 10-02-2010, 07:52 AM.
        -drd

Comment

Hi, simonandrews

I just noticed that the SeqMonk Release Notes talks about SeqMonk v0.12.0 but it seems I can only find SeqMonk v0.11.0 online. Do you know where to find v0.12.0?

Thanks

Comment

I can see v0.11.0 listed at their website and if you swap 11 to 12 in the download URL there is something there to be downloaded

Comment

Originally posted by cliff View Post
              Hi, simonandrews

I just noticed that the SeqMonk Release Notes talks about SeqMonk v0.12.0 but it seems I can only find SeqMonk v0.11.0 online. Do you know where to find v0.12.0?
              Sorry, I'd failed to copy over the new version of the download page from our staging server. If you try again now the links should be in place (if you don't see them press shift+refresh in your browser to force a cache update).

Simon.

Comment

IGV scripting function

Use IGV to output plots of a region of a bam file with the following sample script

If you are unable to find something or have a question about our new website, please email [email protected]. For other inquiries related to the Broad Institute, the necessary contact information can be found here.

attached is an example (note path to bam and snapshotDirectory need to be absolute not relative)

new
                load myfile.bam
                snapshotDirectory mySnapshotDirectory
                genome hg18
                goto chr1:65,289,335-65,309,335
                sort position
                collapse
                snapshot

Comment

Originally posted by arnoldliao View Post
                  Use IGV to output plots of a region of a bam file with the following sample script

If you are unable to find something or have a question about our new website, please email [email protected]. For other inquiries related to the Broad Institute, the necessary contact information can be found here.

attached is an example (note path to bam and snapshotDirectory need to be absolute not relative)

new
                  load myfile.bam
                  snapshotDirectory mySnapshotDirectory
                  genome hg18
                  goto chr1:65,289,335-65,309,335
                  sort position
                  collapse
                  snapshot
                  <shameless plug>
                  Note that BEDTools has a tool called bedToIGV that will automatically create an IGV batch script from a BED, GFF, or VCF file.
                  </shameless plug>

Comment

good one Aaron! I keep using BEDTools more
                    --
                    bioinfosm

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                    • seqadmin
                      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                    0 responses