Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GenoMax
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 7142

    #31
    Did you also remove the corresponding Q-score value? If you used trimmomatic/bbduk they would do this but if you used some other method then you may have an extra Q-score value remaining on line 4 for each fastq record.

    I am not sure why you are having a problem but if I use the two reads you posted above I am able to demultiplex them fine (after taking the N's out).
    Last edited by GenoMax; 01-26-2016, 06:58 AM.

    Comment

    • smitra
      Member
      • May 2013
      • 20

      #32
      I haven't tried trimmomatic/bbduk yet. But this barcode splitter is playing strange with me. Yes with N's out they demultiplex but never the whole data. every time some reads remained which is completely unexplainable. If I do again with those unmatched read again some bit match. which is very strange.

      But at present i am just doing the N's out for the whole data and seems with two stage I am getting success. Thanks for helping.

      Comment

      • luc
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2010
        • 469

        #33
        You might want to try Sabre instead:
        Contribute to najoshi/sabre development by creating an account on GitHub.

        Works also on paired-end data.

        The FASTX toolkit is very old by now.

        Comment

        • smitra
          Member
          • May 2013
          • 20

          #34
          Thank you Luc. I will give it a try.

          Comment

          • sjuzhet
            Junior Member
            • Jul 2014
            • 9

            #35
            This might be a basic question, but I thought I'd hop in this topic to ask - half of my reads were read in the opposite direction, so the barcode is reverse complemented at the end of the read. Is there a way to get Fastx Toolkit to incorporate reverse complement barcodes at the end of the line as well, or do I have to do this manually?

            Comment

            • GenoMax
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2008
              • 7142

              #36
              Originally posted by sjuzhet View Post
              This might be a basic question, but I thought I'd hop in this topic to ask - half of my reads were read in the opposite direction, so the barcode is reverse complemented at the end of the read. Is there a way to get Fastx Toolkit to incorporate reverse complement barcodes at the end of the line as well, or do I have to do this manually?
              Fastx_barcode_splitter has --eol (end of line/read) option to check reads at the 3' end. Provide the barcodes appropriately in the barcode file. You will need to run --bol and --eol sequentially (with individual barcode files) since those two options can't be combined.

              Comment

              • sjuzhet
                Junior Member
                • Jul 2014
                • 9

                #37
                Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
                Fastx_barcode_splitter has --eol (end of line/read) option to check reads at the 3' end. Provide the barcodes appropriately in the barcode file. You will need to run --bol and --eol sequentially (with individual barcode files) since those two options can't be combined.
                Yeah, that's what I did. I was hoping to get a report on the number of reads that didn't match to either bol or eol, but I guess I can just calculate it.

                Comment

                Latest Articles

                Collapse

                • SEQadmin2
                  New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                  by SEQadmin2


                  Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                  We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                  ...
                  Yesterday, 10:25 AM
                • SEQadmin2
                  How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                  by SEQadmin2




                  The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                  This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                  09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

                ad_right_rmr

                Collapse

                News

                Collapse

                Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
                0 responses
                7 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
                0 responses
                31 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
                0 responses
                26 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post SEQadmin2  
                Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
                1 response
                46 views
                0 reactions
                Last Post pekgio
                by pekgio
                 
                Working...