Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find miR star ( * ) sequencs mirBase 21

I am trying to get microRNAs labeled as * (star) from miRBase.

Does mirBase 21 has * sequences yet? If not, how do I determine whether an * sequence is now -3p or -5p?

And how in case of microRNAs that not represented as -3p or -5p???

Answers are highly appreciated.

Your question is very confusing. Could you please rephrase it? Something like this would be more useful:

"I have some sequences that have asterisks in them, for example, 'ACTG****TTGA". I found these sequences using protocol X (please describe in great detail). They are from organism Y and my goal is to accomplish Z. How can I match them to existing sets of sequence data?"

Additionally, you're more likely to get answers if your header is spelled correctly and is informative about what you are trying to accomplish. Currently, it seems like an X-Y problem.
    Last edited by Brian Bushnell; 01-21-2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

I think the * nomenclature OP is referring to is described in this FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
        I think the * nomenclature OP is referring to is described in this FAQ.
        You are probably correct. I still don't understand the OP's question, though.

Comment

Dear

It is exactly the answer of my question. Thanks in advance.

However, as I checked for many miRNAs, I think in the latest version of miRBase (21) miR star sequences have been excluded!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
            by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
            04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
          • seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-25-2024, 11:49 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
          0 responses