No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• libraries for compiling a package

Hi everyone,

I can not find these libraries for compiling SRA-SDK package.

1. libz (ver1)
    2. libbz2 (ver1)
    3. libxml2 (ver2.6.7)

Anyone know where is the best site for these libraries?

Many thanks.

Try to install them directly from your system (yuml, aptitude, apt-get, etc..)
    or ask the administrator if you do not have the right...
    Francois Sabot, PhD

Be realistic. Demand the Impossible.
    www.wikiposon.org

Comment

unfortunately I'm working Mac OSX. Any further suggestion?

Comment

Switch to linux... Ok, I left.

No sorry, no idea :s
        Francois Sabot, PhD

Be realistic. Demand the Impossible.
        www.wikiposon.org

Comment

Originally posted by feng View Post
          unfortunately I'm working Mac OSX. Any further suggestion?
          Install macports. BTW you should already have those libraries on your system

Code:
          $ file /usr/lib/libxml2.dylib  /usr/lib/libz.dylib /usr/lib/libbz2.dylib 
          /usr/lib/libxml2.dylib: Mach-O universal binary with 3 architectures
          /usr/lib/libxml2.dylib (for architecture x86_64):	Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared library x86_64
          /usr/lib/libxml2.dylib (for architecture i386):	Mach-O dynamically linked shared library i386
          /usr/lib/libxml2.dylib (for architecture ppc7400):	Mach-O dynamically linked shared library ppc
          /usr/lib/libz.dylib:    Mach-O universal binary with 3 architectures
          /usr/lib/libz.dylib (for architecture x86_64):	Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared library x86_64
          /usr/lib/libz.dylib (for architecture i386):	Mach-O dynamically linked shared library i386
          /usr/lib/libz.dylib (for architecture ppc7400):	Mach-O dynamically linked shared library ppc
          /usr/lib/libbz2.dylib:  Mach-O universal binary with 3 architectures
          /usr/lib/libbz2.dylib (for architecture x86_64):	Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared library x86_64
          /usr/lib/libbz2.dylib (for architecture i386):	Mach-O dynamically linked shared library i386
          /usr/lib/libbz2.dylib (for architecture ppc7400):	Mach-O dynamically linked shared library ppc

Comment

I'm trying with fink. Is it similar with Macprot? or can I use both of them at same time?

Comment

Originally posted by feng View Post
              I'm trying with fink. Is it similar with Macprot? or can I use both of them at same time?
              First of all you should have those libraries in your system.
              Forget fink, it's a mess and quite "unelegant". MacPorts is much more integrated and related to BSD ports.

d

Comment

install Xcode. these are pretty standard development libraries.

Comment

Originally posted by lh3 View Post
                  install Xcode. these are pretty standard development libraries.
                  To be more specific, install the Developer's Tools package from the DVDs which shipped with your computer (or in the box if you have upgraded your OS). In addition to XCode (an IDE) this will install the gcc compiler set and almost all standard libraries you need. It's basically a one click install, no messing around with MacPorts.

EDIT:

O.K. I just checked my Mac OS X 10.5 DVD and I see that Heng was correct, they now call the package "XcodeTools". It is in the Optional Installs folder. (This may vary depending on which OS version you are using and whether it came with your computer or you purchased and upgrade.)
                  Last edited by kmcarr; 10-27-2010, 10:46 AM. Reason: Corrected package name

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                  0 responses