Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • buthercup_ch
    Member
    • Apr 2014
    • 41

    #1

    correlation among biological replicates

    Hello,

    I am trying to analyze some data that I just got from RNA-Seq from gram-negative bacteria.

    The bioinformatician just gave me 2 sets of tables 1) reads counts, 2) FPKM.
    Sequences has been mapped using Tophat as paired-end (PE), and FPKM calculated using Cufflinks.

    The question is that if I analyze the Pearson's correlation, the result I got by using either the reads counts or the FPKM is different. I calculated Pearson's correlations either manually or using R package (corrplot package):
    > Mcor <- cor(M, method = c("pearson"))
    > corrplot(Mcor, type = "upper", order = "original", tl.col = "black", tl.srt = 45)

    The point is that I do not understand why the good correlation I got when using reads counts (0.93-1) is not kept when using FPKM (descrease up to 0.19) (see figure attached).

    I have to say that I did the correlation analyses using the whole data, including CDSs, rRNAs, tRNAs and ncRNAs (a small contamination of these RNAs still present after RNA depletion, about 25%).

    Can anyone help me to understand this?

    Thanks in advance.

    Best regards
    Attached Files

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    Yesterday, 10:25 AM
  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
0 responses
10 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
32 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
27 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
48 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...