Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bekah
    Junior Member
    • May 2018
    • 1

    #1

    GO analysis - with or without isoforms

    Hiya,

    I have a blast database for GO terms in blast2go which includes IDs for all the isoforms of the genes. When I make my gene lists for GO enrichment analysis, ithe list compiler pulls the IDs of all the isoforms associated with the genes of interest (DEG). My question is : Should I

    (a) De-duplicate the list so just one ID per gene is input into the GO enrichment analysis

    or

    (b) Submit the full list containing the IDs of all the isoforms for each gene of interest?

    I have run both and the de-duplicated list as I anticipated contains less GO terms than the full list containing all the isoforms.

    I feel like it is correct to run the full list of IDs (option b) because otherwise the enrichment test could be negatively biased by terms where there are lots of isoforms present in the database, but only one is submitted - making it look like the GO term is less enriched than it actually is (I hope that makes sense).

    Best wishes and any opinions/advice are greatly appreciated

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
0 responses
10 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
32 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
27 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
48 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...