• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AnamikaDarwin
    replied
    Originally posted by Stegger View Post
    Hi Anamika,
    if you look into your sig2.txt files I believe that you can see the raw scores which I guess you can translate into quality.
    In every line you have first the lane number, then tile & coordinates, and after that comes the raw data with scores from each imaging round (in the order A, C, G, & T).
    If you look into the prb.txt file you will get the analysis score that the Solexa software calculated. Scores range from -40 to 40 again in the order as above.

If you are looking to get an overview of the general scores instead of looking at selected ones individually... I dont know, unfortunatly.

Hope that helps!
    Thanks Stegger,

I AM looking to getting an overview of of SOLEXA read qualities. I would like to be able to discern the qualities of those reads that are aligning with my reference using MAQ.

Anamika

Leave a comment:

• cgb
    replied
    some of your sequences are artifacts of poor image quality, flowcell imperfections etc. in which case you need to use X,Y co-ordinates as part of your filtering - and/or cross check the images.

Leave a comment:

• BaCh
    replied
    The analysis scores are a good start. Unfortunately, they won't show you the whole story and you might need to do some further magic.

For example, I've seen bacterial projects where a low single digit percent of the reads were all "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..." with quality analysis scores of 40 (best score). Less frequently were reads all C, G or T. As variation thereof, there were reads good up to a certain point and then incorporating only a single type of bases ... all at good quality.

The thing is: the bacteria I worked on do not contain this sequences! These are sequencing artefacts which are difficult to asses only with analysis scores.

So, for bacteria I also filter out reads that are all A, C, G, T. Then again, eukaryotesmight have poly-A / poly-T that are this long ... it's abit of a problem.

Regards,
    Bastien

Leave a comment:

• Stegger
    replied
    Hi Anamika,
    if you look into your sig2.txt files I believe that you can see the raw scores which I guess you can translate into quality.
    In every line you have first the lane number, then tile & coordinates, and after that comes the raw data with scores from each imaging round (in the order A, C, G, & T).
    If you look into the prb.txt file you will get the analysis score that the Solexa software calculated. Scores range from -40 to 40 again in the order as above.

If you are looking to get an overview of the general scores instead of looking at selected ones individually... I dont know, unfortunatly.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by Stegger; 12-13-2008, 10:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AnamikaDarwin
    started a topic Assess the quality of solexa reads

Assess the quality of solexa reads

Hello,

How can you assess the quality of solexa reads?

Thanks,
    AnamikaDarwin

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Addressing Off-Target Effects in CRISPR Technologies
    by seqadmin

The first FDA-approved CRISPR-based therapy marked the transition of therapeutic gene editing from a dream to reality1. CRISPR technologies have streamlined gene editing, and CRISPR screens have become an important approach for identifying genes involved in disease processes2. This technique introduces targeted mutations across numerous genes, enabling large-scale identification of gene functions, interactions, and pathways3. Identifying the full range...
    08-27-2024, 04:44 AM
  • seqadmin
    Selecting and Optimizing mRNA Library Preparations
    by seqadmin

Sequencing mRNA provides a snapshot of cellular activity, allowing researchers to study the dynamics of cellular processes, compare gene expression across different tissue types, and gain insights into the mechanisms of complex diseases. “mRNA’s central role in the dogma of molecular biology makes it a logical and relevant focus for transcriptomic studies,” stated Sebastian Aguilar Pierlé, Ph.D., Application Development Lead at Inorevia. “One of the major hurdles for...
    08-07-2024, 12:11 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 08-27-2024, 04:40 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 08-22-2024, 05:00 AM
0 responses