Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find gene duplications in a draft genome assembly

Hi everyone, I have recently assembly a draft genome. I consider it has an acceptable quality based on the assessment I made and my biological goals. Before I have the genome assembly ready, I performed a de novo transcriptome assembly of this species and, after some analysis, I found some candidate genes to be duplicated in the genome. My idea to check this by mapping the reads to these transcripts (candidates) and to the genome and the check the positions of those reads that have mapped both. I am a beginner in this area, so I would like to know your ideas and advice about it.

I have both short and long reads but I think it would be better to use short ones in this case. So I would map reads to transcripts (candidates genes) with bowtie2, then filter the mapped reads and, then, map them to the genome. After that, I will need to find primary and secondary alignments of each read (if exists) and compare the transcripts to these regions. I have not thought about param settings but I have lost the pairing information after the first map of reads to candidate genes (only one read of the pair map). I need to make some tests to define the params.

Thanks in advance

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
0 responses