Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pedro.cabs
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2018
    • 1

    #1

    Protein annotation parameters (query or subject coverage?)

    Hi there.

    I am annotating some proteins' functions and I a have some doubts about the parameters I should use. I'm using e-value below 1x10-4, identity above 40% and coverage above 70%, but I don't know if a sould use the query coverage or the subject coverage for annotation.
    I only saw the query coverage being used (the % of your query sequence that overlaps the subject sequence), but it makes more sense to me and some colleagues to use the subject coverage (the % of the subject sequence that overlaps your query sequence). Since the protein with the known function is the subject one, if you find most of it within the query coverage it means that your query protein has higher probability to share the subject protein's function.
    If some one could explain why I sould use the query or the subject coverage I would be very greateful (sorry if it is an obvious question).

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    Yesterday, 10:25 AM
  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
0 responses
9 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
32 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
27 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
48 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...