No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuffdiff error usr/lib64.libz.so.1

Hello, When I ran Cuffdiff, I get the following error:

cuffdiff: /usr/lib64/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by cuffdiff)

All the files come out ok, except the cds files are empty. Do you know how to fix this error, and are the other results files ok? Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by jamminbeh View Post
    Hello, When I ran Cuffdiff, I get the following error:

cuffdiff: /usr/lib64/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by cuffdiff)

All the files come out ok, except the cds files are empty. Do you know how to fix this error, and are the other results files ok? Thanks a lot.
    Discussion of next-gen sequencing related bioinformatics: resources, algorithms, open source efforts, etc

Comment

Hello, So you don't think that this file has anything to do with getting empty cds files? Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

I am receive the same error message as discussed in this thread. But I do not understand your answers and have no idea how to fix it. Can either one of you please explain in further detail what is the problem and now to fix it.

I am running cufflinks v1.0.3 on a hp server with RHEL 5.4. and I am not sure if cufflinks was built or the binary was downloaded since the post doc in the group installed this program. I would appreciate your help in this matter. Thanks in advance.

[jadf@flseq sorted]$ cufflinks -o trial trinity_n_trial_inflorescence.sorted.bam
        cufflinks: /usr/lib64/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by cufflinks)
        You are using Cufflinks v1.0.3, which is the most recent release.
        Warning: BAM header too large
        File trinity_n_trial_inflorescence.sorted.bam doesn't appear to be a valid BAM file, trying SAM...

[jadf@flseq lib64]$ ls -l | grep libz
        -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 108692 Jul 19 2006 libz.a
        lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Jul 25 2010 libz.so -> libz.so.1.2.3
        lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Jul 25 2010 libz.so.1 -> libz.so.1.2.3
        -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 85928 Jul 19 2006 libz.so.1.2.3
        Last edited by jdjax; 08-07-2011, 05:31 AM. Reason: forgot to add more information
        jdjax
        Ph.d. Student
        Åarhus University

Comment

I'm getting a similar error and even if I ignore the "libz.so.1" error as I have a newer version, I cannot make sense as to why it cannot create the directory. I have the file permissions to create directory. Any ideas?

Code:
          cuffdiff: /lib64/libz.so.1: no version information available
          (required by cuffdiff)
          Warning: Could not connect to update server to verify current version.
          Please check at the Cufflinks website (http://cufflinks.cbcb.umd.edu).
          Error: cannot create directory /scratch/vyellapantula/RNA/cuffVedge/ARDARP

Comment

Hello,

I have the same warning message (error?). I surveyed previous information, but no one said it's okay for sure.

Does anyone have the same message but run your samples as well?

Comment

basically cufflinks accepts relative file paths. So instead of /scratch/vyellapa/cufflinks give ./cufflinks from /scratch/vyellapa.

Comment

Hi vyellapa

Thanks your answer. Unfortunately, the warning message is the same.
                Anyway, I am going to test cufflinks on two operating systems, CentOS 6 and CentOS 5.6, without and with warning, respectively.

If the results are the same, I can run the data without any concern. Although I am not really sure whether or not the test is correct, I still can get some information to people.

I will share it later.

Thanks
                Last edited by g781; 02-06-2013, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Hi all,

I am just done with a test in comparison cufflinks (one of functions in Cufflinks pipeline) binary with source code and summarize as below.

All tests used the same sample.

Binary code:
                  1. It was tested in 3 PCs with CentOS5.6 and CentOS6.0.
                  2. Results are the same.

Source code (complied by myself):
                  1. It was tested only in 1 PC with CentOS6.0 due to problems of compiling Cufflinks pipeline in other PC with CentOS5.6.
                  2. I ran cufflinks on sample twice.
                  3. Results are the same.

Binary vs Source code:
                  1. Both results are almost the same. If I have to say a number, it's probably around 97-99%.

If you would like to check it, please download the results as a following link:

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Today, 11:49 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
                  0 responses