Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TK6009
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2018
    • 3

    #1

    BSmooth error : File name too long

    Hi,

    I'm currently trying to run the script bsev_sort.pl from BSmooth on my data and I get the following error message:

    mkdir CA8R9ANXX_GGCTAC_L003/sorted.pre/bins/____________BC_____T_o_______A____T6____g______U_J_D_T________R___S_______3H____l02___R__4v_BwHq___________N_______v_V_______0___o_____z__m_U_____c8_____A______-m_V________J___b_____E______b___f____2______r___9____Y__9__S___M______6__r___S_9_d_H_____________d_________r__RZ___q_________r__XJ_0J-____O____L_: File name too long at bsmooth-align/bin/../lib/BtlBio/Sort/DiskSort.pm line 434.
    Child with PID 2944 exited abnormally at bsmooth-align/bin/disk_sort.pl line 167.
    Bad exit level from sort command: 512 at bsmooth-align/bin/bsev_sort.pl line 145.

    Same problem when I run it on a example data set created with sim.pl

    Any idea what's going wrong and how I can correct it ?
    Many thanks !
  • Bukowski
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2010
    • 388

    #2
    Your file name is too long. Shorten it? Where is that underscore based hell being derived from? If it's coming from the temporary data directory creation try specify a tempdir at execution
    Last edited by Bukowski; 08-20-2018, 03:32 AM.

    Comment

    • TK6009
      Junior Member
      • Aug 2018
      • 3

      #3
      Thank you for your reply. The problem is that the files in sorted.pre/bins/ are temporary files created by the script, so I don't control it.

      Comment

      • Bukowski
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2010
        • 388

        #4
        Are you running under a job scheduler? I just tried to run the tests, but merman doesn't seem to compile under g++ 5.5.0 - and in fact there's an open issue on that repo that's 3.5 years old, which implies this package is no longer maintained.

        Comment

        • TK6009
          Junior Member
          • Aug 2018
          • 3

          #5
          Yes, I'm using a pbs server.
          I will find another way to process my data,
          Thank you for your time !

          Comment

          Latest Articles

          Collapse

          • SEQadmin2
            New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
            by SEQadmin2


            Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

            We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
            ...
            Yesterday, 10:25 AM
          • SEQadmin2
            How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
            by SEQadmin2




            The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

            This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
            09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

          ad_right_rmr

          Collapse

          News

          Collapse

          Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
          0 responses
          29 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
          0 responses
          24 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
          1 response
          46 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
          1 response
          55 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Working...