• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to obtain Maarjam database

Hello,

I analysing MiSeq platform.

I want to use Maarjam database.

I contacted the registration to obtain database.

But,I didn't get reply by Maarjam homepage.

I want to know how to get Maarjam database.

Thanks,read
    Kohei

I am pretty sure that accounts are manually added there, I got my login eventually but it was no means instantaneous.

Comment

Thank you for your reply!

I send to Registration about a month ago.

The registration filled out my name, email address and institution and sent it.

I don't know my login ID and password.

Have they been sent from the administrator of Maarjam?

Thanks,
      Kohei

Comment

Sorry, I did not understand your reply properly.

As I wrote in the previous reply I have been waiting for about a month.

Is there any method other than waiting?

Thank you for your reply

Kohei

Comment

Why don't you drop me a private message?

Comment

I am sorry I started using this site yesterday, what is a private message?

Comment

Originally posted by Kohei View Post
              I am sorry I started using this site yesterday, what is a private message?
              Click on my name, and 'send private message'

Comment

Originally posted by Bukowski View Post
                Sorry, I couldn't find send to private message, so I send to message by skype.

Comment

Here, we describe a new database, MaarjAM, that summarizes publicly available Glomeromycota DNA sequence data and associated metadata. The goal of the database is to facilitate the description of distribution and richness patterns in this group of fungi. Small subunit (SSU) rRNA gene sequences and available metadata were collated from all suitable taxonomie and ecological publications. These data have been made accessible in an open-access database (http://maarjam. botany. ut. ee). Two hundred and eighty-two SSU rRNA gene virtual taxa (VT) were described based on a comprehensive phylogenetic analysis of all collated Glomeromycota sequences. Two-thirds of VT showed limited distribution ranges, occurring in single current or historic continents or climatic zones. Those VT that associated with a taxonomically wide range of host plants also tended to have a wide geographical distribution, and vice versa. No relationships were detected between VT richness and latitude, elevation or vascular plant richness. The collated Glomeromycota molecular diversity data suggest limited distribution ranges in most Glomeromycota taxa and a positive relationship between the width of a taxon's geographical range and its host taxonomie range. Inconsistencies between molecular and traditional taxonomy of Glomeromycota, and shortage of data from major continents and ecosystems, are highlighted.
                  Clinical Research

Comment

Web-based database for studies on the diversity of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi (Glomeromycota)

MaarjAM is a web-based database containing Glomeromycota DNA sequence data that originate from ecological studies based on “environmental samples” or taxonomic investigations based on cultured fungi. It has the following goals:

to bring together published data from studies applying molecular methods to the natural diversity and taxonomy of Glomeromycota;
                    to reclassify existing sequence data and create “virtual taxa” on the basis of a novel phylogenetic analysis. Species (binomial) and “molecular taxa” classifications are also indicated where available;
                    to enable browsing and searching in relation to virtual taxa classification, original species/molecular taxa classifications, and ecological/biogeographic variables, including geographical location, biome and host plant.
                    Several facets of MaarjAM, such as browsing and simple searches, are made publicly available through this web page. A log-in service is available to advanced users wishing to make use of the following features: DNA sequence and biogeographic data exports, complex searches and submitting data to MaarjAM. If you would like to make use of the log-in service, please contact the database administrator
                    Clinical Research

Comment

Maarjam database

Originally posted by Bukowski View Post
                      Hello, dude, I need this database for my study, too. However, no response from Maarjam homepage. Could you point some directions for me?
                      I'm stuck here and very anxious now...
                      Sincerely.
                      Mud

Comment

Hello, I'm also trying to get a download of Maarjam sequences and taxonomy files. I'm similarly waiting for my account there to be created. Does someone have access that would be willing to help me? Thank you.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                        • seqadmin
                          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post seqadmin  
                        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                        0 responses