Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Vicho Deivis
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2015
    • 4

    #1

    Extract transcripts overlaping given coordinates with gffread (basic usage question)

    Hello, sorry if its already answered but I'm having problems using gffread.

    I have a list of short regions of interest (20-50pb) and I want to extract all features that overlap with this region. So far I have tried gffreead with the -r option with the following usage but I've been unable to indicate the chromosome I want.

    -> gffread -r start..end annotation.gff3 -o Test.results

    Thanks for your time
  • GenoMax
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 7142

    #2
    You could potentially trim your gff file to contain just the chromosome you want.

    Comment

    • Vicho Deivis
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2015
      • 4

      #3
      As a last resort yes. But I'm trying to do a pipeline as clean as possible,

      Comment

      • GenoMax
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2008
        • 7142

        #4
        Use -r [<chr>:]<start>..<end> format in your command.

        Comment

        • Vicho Deivis
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2015
          • 4

          #5
          Now it works. Thanks!

          Comment

          Latest Articles

          Collapse

          • SEQadmin2
            New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
            by SEQadmin2


            Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

            We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
            ...
            Yesterday, 10:25 AM
          • SEQadmin2
            How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
            by SEQadmin2




            The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

            This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
            09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

          ad_right_rmr

          Collapse

          News

          Collapse

          Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
          0 responses
          7 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
          0 responses
          31 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
          0 responses
          26 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
          1 response
          46 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Working...