I am looking for a in silico enzyme digestion program which I can input the enzyme name, cognite sequence, and the genome to be scanned against. the output will the size distribution of the resulting fragment, also a BED format file with fragment coordiate, like chrom, start, end etc. Anyone has such a program and would like to share with me. Thanks a lot!
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
-
Hello,
This can be done with Biopieces (www.biopieces.org) using digest_seq and BamHI as an example:
To get a BED file:Code:read_fasta -i genome.fna | digest_seq -p GGATCC -c 1 | plot_lendist -k SEQ_LEN -x
Or to do both in one go:Code:read_fasta -i genome.fna | digest_seq -p GGATCC -c 1 | rename_keys -k SEQ_NAME,S_ID | write_bed -xo fragments.bed
Code:read_fasta -i genome.fna | digest_seq -p GGATCC -c 1 | plot_lendist -k SEQ_LEN -t post -o dist_plot.ps | rename_keys -k SEQ_NAME,S_ID | write_bed -xo fragments.bed
Restriction enzyme patterns and cut positions are found at REBASE http://rebase.neb.com - or by typing "rescan_seq --help"
Cheers,
Martin
-
You definitely should take a look at the remap tool from the EMBOSS package.
Cheers,
Adhemar
Comment
-
I have difficulty to run the command. I installed the packages in my desktop, and follow the instructions which listed in the web. I am not sure whether the code is sourced, and I run the test code, it seems nothing changed. Could you give more detailed information on how to install it and test it since I am a bench scientist, not that familiar with the command line program. Thanks
nexgen@nexgen-desktop:~/Desktop/biopieces$ bp_test
bp_test: command not found
Comment
-
Did you add the following section to your ~/.bashrc file:
ANDCode:# >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Enabling Biopieces if installed <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< # Modify the below paths according to your settings. # If you have followed the installation step-by-step as described above, # the below should work just fine. export BP_DIR="$HOME/biopieces" # Directory where biopieces are installed export BP_DATA="$HOME/BP_DATA" # Contains genomic data etc. export BP_TMP="$HOME/tmp" # Required temporary directory. export BP_LOG="$HOME/BP_LOG" # Required log directory. if [ -f "$BP_DIR/bp_conf/bashrc" ]; then source "$BP_DIR/bp_conf/bashrc" fi # >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
run the command
Code:source ~/.bashrc
Martin
Comment
-
Hi, I am confronting the same problem, in silico digestion for CCGG .
I have a file with hg19 and one line per chromosome sequence and I do :
Is it stupid ? I don t understand why this team have so different results ....Code:cat hg19.txt | sed "s/[COLOR="DarkRed"]CCGG[/COLOR]/\n/g" | awk '{l=length($1); mem[l]++;} END{for(i=0;i<=1000;i++){print mem[i]}}'
Here is my results for instance : I have 9975 time one nucleotide between 2 CCGG's
Any idea ?
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
40 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
47 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
38 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment