Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMR analysis in SeqMonk

I'm running DMR analysis in SeqMonk using context specific methylation extraction files produced in Bismark. I've created probes using the read position probe generator and have quantified using the Bisulfite Methylation Quantitation Pipeline.

When I run the Logistic Regression statistical test for replicate data, many areas of interest are identified, which I can then scroll and see some obvious DMRs of interest using the track display. By obvious, I mean there are regions which are highly methylated in one replicate group (value >50) that lack any methylation in the other group. This is not due to low coverage; I have achieved 80x genome coverage.

However, when I use the "Filter on Value Differences --> Individual probes" to identify DMRs of >= 20% difference in methylation, no probes are returned.

Can anyone suggest why these regions are not being picked up by the filter?

**I do not have this problem when I use coverage files from Bismark. However, I don't have the methylation by sequence context information if I rely on the .cov files for this analysis, which is why I'm using the files produced by the methylation extraction step in Bismark.
    Last edited by biodobe; 07-04-2019, 10:16 AM.

You say you don't get the same thing when you use the .cov files from bismark? That sounds like something fundamentally isn't right in your data import then, because you should get identical data sets from the cov and the .txt.gz bismark files once you've merged together the top and bottom strands.

Could you make up a vistory in seqmonk to show what you've done with the data and the analysis you've run along with some views of regions you think are obviously being missed and either mail it directly to me (my email is on the Babraham Bioinformatics web page) or file it as an issue on the seqmonk github so I can take a look at what you have.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
    • seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
    0 responses