Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • chrisbala
    Member
    • Jan 2010
    • 82

    #1

    visualizing scripture output BED

    Hi,

    I'm working through an analysis with Scripture for the first time.

    I've been able to generate a bed and dot file. UCSC does not seem like this BED file.

    I was able to find this suggestion that scripture includes a gff converter:



    java -Xmx1000m -jar <path_to_scripture>/scripture.jar -task toGFF -cufflinks -in scripture.t0.bed -source SCRIPTURE -out scripture.t0.gtf -prefix t0

    but... this toGFF function does not seem to be described in the scripture documentation, and does not seem to work for me either.

    Any suggestions? All I am really trying to do is to get this into UCSC so I can quickly assess how things look. Scripture suggests IGV browser which I suppose I could also use.

    thanks!
  • biznatch
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2010
    • 124

    #2
    What happens when you try upload the .bed file to the UCSC browser?

    Comment

    • chrisbala
      Member
      • Jan 2010
      • 82

      #3
      error message

      I get this:

      Code:
      File 'allScores.bed' - Unrecognized format line 1 of custom track: chr1	199	249	chr1:199-249	0.0	*	199	249	0,0,0	1	50,	0,	1.0	0.3684297339584846	1.0	0.02 3.1075660687968516	0.0542844351489113	50.0	1.0 (note: chrom names are case sensitive)
      thoughts? Maybe I need some sort of header?

      generally the scripture documentation seems somewhat half written, unless I am missing something?

      Comment

      • chrisbala
        Member
        • Jan 2010
        • 82

        #4
        fyi, the chromosome name is fine... (no caps problem there)

        Comment

        • Emilie
          Member
          • Nov 2010
          • 21

          #5
          Hi,

          I have been able to open bed files in UCSC Genome browser using Scripture-beta2 version and this type of command:

          java -Xmx2000m -jar scripture-beta2.jar -task extractDot -in Segmentation_Results/chr1.scriptureESTest.segments.graph.post.add.pairs.dot -chr chr1 -start 6235241 -end 6239548 -out chr1_6235241-6239548.dot

          It gives a dot file and a bed file for the indicated region of the chromosome.
          Hope this help !

          Emilie
          Last edited by Emilie; 01-26-2011, 05:57 AM.

          Comment

          • biznatch
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2010
            • 124

            #6
            .bed files don't require a header, but you can include one. Bed format instructions:

            I think you have too many columns in your file. Can you post the first few lines from your file, exactly as written in the file?

            Comment

            • 11xinqi
              Member
              • Mar 2011
              • 31

              #7
              Originally posted by chrisbala View Post
              Hi,

              I'm working through an analysis with Scripture for the first time.

              I've been able to generate a bed and dot file. UCSC does not seem like this BED file.

              I was able to find this suggestion that scripture includes a gff converter:



              java -Xmx1000m -jar <path_to_scripture>/scripture.jar -task toGFF -cufflinks -in scripture.t0.bed -source SCRIPTURE -out scripture.t0.gtf -prefix t0

              but... this toGFF function does not seem to be described in the scripture documentation, and does not seem to work for me either.

              Any suggestions? All I am really trying to do is to get this into UCSC so I can quickly assess how things look. Scripture suggests IGV browser which I suppose I could also use.

              thanks!
              Would you tell me that how can you transfer the bed file from scripture to gtf file please?

              Comment

              Latest Articles

              Collapse

              • SEQadmin2
                New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                by SEQadmin2


                Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                ...
                Yesterday, 10:25 AM
              • SEQadmin2
                How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                by SEQadmin2




                The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

              ad_right_rmr

              Collapse

              News

              Collapse

              Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
              0 responses
              10 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
              0 responses
              32 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
              0 responses
              27 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
              1 response
              48 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post pekgio
              by pekgio
               
              Working...