Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • lfaino
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 9

    #1

    RNA-seq assembly

    Dear All,
    I did an RNA-seq by using Illumina and now i would like to assemble it. I already used velvet and I got some nice results. However the assembly is not good enough. In NCBI there are some related species that are sequenced and I could give a try in assemble the RNA-seq data with these genomes. Can you suggest some software that I can use? As a input file, I have a FASTQ file.

    Thanks

    Luigi
  • edge
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 199

    #2
    Hi Ifaino,

    I'm dealing with RNA-seq as well.
    Can I know how you identify whether the assemble result is good or not?
    I'm plan to use MIRA for my RNA-seq de novo assembly.
    Thanks for your sharing.

    Comment

    • lfaino
      Junior Member
      • Mar 2011
      • 9

      #3
      Hi edge,
      I know because a lot of assembled transcripts are not complete when I BLAST them against genomes of related species. Just for this. And for this reason. I would like to assemble my transcriptome against a reference genome.

      Luigi

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        Today, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      28 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      24 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      46 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
      1 response
      55 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...