After I use the "-q 20" option in bwa aln I start getting errors down the road eg when i run ValidateSamFile in picard I get lots of "Mate negative strand flag does not match read negative strand flag of mate" and then "Sequence and quality are inconsistent" errors as well. I have run all the same commands without the -q option without these problems. I am very new to all this and not sure where I'm going wrong!
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
This is a bug in BWA. If you use -q it puts the trimmed nucleotide read in the output SAM file but the quality sequence is not trimmed at all and thus there is a difference in the length of the read and the length of the quality string. Either use some third party tool like trimgalore to trim your fastq reads before aligning and don't use BWA -q option at all OR use some script that takes SAM file and trims off the base quality string accordingly.
PS:This post may help- http://www.biostars.org/post/show/13...or-space-data/
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
34 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
34 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment