Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • doublealice
    Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 24

    #1

    SAMtools install problem on curses.h

    I found several threads which mentioned same problem as mine. But none of their solutions help.

    I downloaded the most recent version of samtools, 0.1.14 and tried to install it on my redhat enterprise server 6. The error message I've got was:

    Code:
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2  -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_USE_KNETFILE -D_CURSES_LIB=1 -I. bam_tview.c -o bam_tview.o
    bam_tview.c:5:20: error: curses.h: No such file or directory
    bam_tview.c:7:2: warning: #warning "_CURSES_LIB=1 but NCURSES_VERSION not defined; tview is NOT compiled"
    bam_tview.c:418:2: warning: #warning "No curses library is available; tview is disabled."
    make[1]: *** [bam_tview.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/polymerase/myapp/samtools'
    make: *** [all-recur] Error 1
    It was suggested that my system may not install ncurse-lib (http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthr...es.h#post13715). But I have that on my system:

    Code:
    # rpm -qa |grep curses
    ncurses-5.7-3.20090208.el6.x86_64
    ncurses-base-5.7-3.20090208.el6.x86_64
    ncurses-libs-5.7-3.20090208.el6.x86_64
    The other one suggested to modify "LIBCURSES= -lcurses" in Makefile into "LIBCURSES= -lncurses". (http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6669). I did, but the problem still there.

    The last thread I can find suggested to "add -I/usr/include/ncurses to CFLAGS in the samtools Makefile" (http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7391), but it was for installing samtools on cygwin.

    Would you please help to see if anything else I can do for it? Thank you !
  • doublealice
    Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 24

    #2
    Code:
    yum install ncurses-devel
    Installed ncurses-devel solved the problem.

    But another error appears:
    Code:
    gcc -g -Wall -O2  -o samtools bam_tview.o bam_maqcns.o bam_plcmd.o sam_view.o bam_rmdup.o bam_rmdupse.o bam_mate.o bam_stat.o bam_color.o bamtk.o kaln.o bam2bcf.o bam2bcf_indel.o errmod.o sample.o cut_target.o phase.o -Lbcftools  libbam.a -lbcf -lcurses  -lm -lz
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[1]: *** [samtools] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/polymerase/myapp/samtools'
    make: *** [all-recur] Error 1
    Don't know how to fix on it.

    Comment

    • RDW
      Member
      • Oct 2008
      • 63

      #3
      zlib-devel?

      Comment

      • doublealice
        Member
        • Feb 2011
        • 24

        #4
        Originally posted by RDW View Post
        zlib-devel?
        Yes, I installed zlib-devel, then it works. Thank you very much!

        Comment

        Latest Articles

        Collapse

        • SEQadmin2
          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
          by SEQadmin2


          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
          ...
          Today, 10:25 AM
        • SEQadmin2
          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
          by SEQadmin2




          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

        ad_right_rmr

        Collapse

        News

        Collapse

        Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        28 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        24 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        46 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
        1 response
        55 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Working...