Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • lfaino
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 9

    #1

    RNA-seq assembly and reference genome

    Dear community,
    I have a question.
    I have an RNA-seq by Illumina pair ends. I have a reference genome and transcriptome. My question is if there is any software that I can use to map the RNA-seq reads on the reference transcriptome and retrieve the assembled transcriptome based on my sequences. I want this because my coverage is low and in this way I can use a known reference to get better information about my transcriptome too.

    Regards
    Luigi
  • harrike
    Member
    • Jun 2010
    • 29

    #2
    commercial software: CLC genome workbench. www.clcbio.com. It is quite expensive.

    There are many free software shared in this community. You'd better use "search" to get what you want.

    Comment

    • Thorondor
      Member
      • Feb 2011
      • 69

      #3
      actually it is not that easy, there are many assemblers around but they mostly require a genome as reference and not a transcriptome. I also checked for assemblers where you can give a transcriptome of a near relative as reference but didn't found anything. :-(

      You maybe can "fake" the transcriptome as genome, but I don't know if this will work.

      If you want to use your genome as reference you could try cufflinks.

      Comment

      • ksc
        Junior Member
        • Apr 2011
        • 4

        #4
        I am using BWA to remap mRNAseq data to a reference transcriptome and samtools to call the consensus of the remapped transcriptome. I have also used CLC for this purpose, as suggested by harrike. I have not yet used paired-end data, but I believe both packages can handle paired-end data.

        Comment

        Latest Articles

        Collapse

        • SEQadmin2
          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
          by SEQadmin2


          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
          ...
          Today, 10:25 AM
        • SEQadmin2
          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
          by SEQadmin2




          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

        ad_right_rmr

        Collapse

        News

        Collapse

        Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        28 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        24 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        46 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
        1 response
        55 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Working...