Originally posted by maubp
View Post
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
I have got somewhat related question, how do I tweak gsMapper parameters in order to get the reads mapped without introducing gaps. I am looking for SNPs and InDels and the gsMapper output (454AllDiffs.txt) shows gaps rather than mismatches. The mappings to the reference sequence looks fine, but when it comes to detecting variants the mapper is not doing what I expected it to do. Is there some extra step that I am missing for SNP/Indel detection? I have also tried AVA, but as my sequence is not an amplicon (far too big than the standard definition of amplicon in 454 terms), AVA isnt of much help either.
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
43 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
52 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
42 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment