No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOWTIE output problems

Hey all,

In BOWTIE, aligning 75bp reads, setting parameters for only outputting unique reads, works fine (and is damn fast!) - now, I want to output all reads not mapped by using the --unfq paramter. This gives me a FASTQ-file with reads of uneven lengths, skipped lines and general chaos.

Any help is appreciated!

Regards,
    JW,
    Uni. of Copenhagen

Hi JW,

I tried to briefly reproduce this with the latest version of Bowtie, but I couldn't. Could you provide the exact parameters you used to run Bowtie, the version you are using, and perhaps even a small test set that reproduces this issue?

Also, would you please submit this information in a bug report in our tracker:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func...7&atid=1101606

Thanks for the bug report.

Cole

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply -

FASTQ read file, solexa quality:

>HEADER
      NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.......N(n=75)
      >+
      hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
      (Reads per mapping: 2m)

Index: mm9, prebuilt from BOWTIE homepage

BOWTIE Version 0.9.8.1

Command:

./bowtie --solexa-quals -m 1 -p 8 --unfq nm_reads index reads hits

Non-mapped output contains fastq-file with 90% of sequenes correct, but rest has missing lines, sequences longer or shorter than 75bp, merged quality and sequence and so on...

Best regards,
      JW

Ps: I can submit a test-set, if necessary

Originally posted by Cole Trapnell View Post
      Hi JW,

I tried to briefly reproduce this with the latest version of Bowtie, but I couldn't. Could you provide the exact parameters you used to run Bowtie, the version you are using, and perhaps even a small test set that reproduces this issue?

Also, would you please submit this information in a bug report in our tracker:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func...7&atid=1101606

Thanks for the bug report.

Cole

Comment

Hi JW,

This sounds like a synchronization bug. I can't reproduce it with version 0.9.9, and a lot changed between 0.9.8.1 and 0.9.9. Can you download the latest version and try it again?

Thanks,

Cole

Comment

The bug was corrected upon upgrading to the newest version - thank you again for a well documented and solid product!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses