Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • khadeeja
    Junior Member
    • May 2011
    • 4

    #1

    SAMtools missing bcftools

    Hi everyone,
    I've installed samtools, but it is not identifying the bcftools command. Would be great if anyone of you could point out a solution to my problem.
    And btw, I'm new to this forum, and am not very familiar with it yet, so my apologies if I'm posting this message where I'm not supposed to.
    Thanks in advance
    K.
  • nilshomer
    Nils Homer
    • Nov 2008
    • 1283

    #2
    Originally posted by khadeeja View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I've installed samtools, but it is not identifying the bcftools command. Would be great if anyone of you could point out a solution to my problem.
    And btw, I'm new to this forum, and am not very familiar with it yet, so my apologies if I'm posting this message where I'm not supposed to.
    Thanks in advance
    K.
    Welcome, what is the error you see in you terminal? Also, it is probably good to create a new thread in this case since it looks like the previous thread in which you post was too unrelated (i.e. you hijacked the thread).

    Comment

    • khadeeja
      Junior Member
      • May 2011
      • 4

      #3
      Hi,
      Sorry and thanks.
      It just says that "bfctools:command not found." I had the problem earlier with mpileup but installing some libraries and recompiling samtools solved that problem. As for this, I have no clue. I have the latest version of samtools (0.1.16). Could it be because of a missing library?
      Once again, thanks for the reply.
      K.

      Comment

      • nilshomer
        Nils Homer
        • Nov 2008
        • 1283

        #4
        Check the "bcftools" sub-directory in the samtools installation directory.

        Comment

        • khadeeja
          Junior Member
          • May 2011
          • 4

          #5
          The directory is there: /samtools/bcftools.
          I installed libbza-dv, zlib1g-dv and libncursn5-dv earlier and recompiled samtools to get mpileup working. No idea what these libraries are bcoz I'm new to linux as well. Just followed some instructions given on a website.

          Comment

          • nilshomer
            Nils Homer
            • Nov 2008
            • 1283

            #6
            Try "/samtools/bcftools/bcftools" and it should work if compiled correctly.

            Comment

            • khadeeja
              Junior Member
              • May 2011
              • 4

              #7
              Oh, yes, it does. Thanks, nilshomer

              Comment

              • ninjapanda57
                Junior Member
                • May 2011
                • 3

                #8
                Help

                Also sometimes when It gives me that error it's because i haven't properly typed the command it should look like this :

                samtools mpileup -u -f <reference_file>.fa <bam_file>.bam | bcftools -cvg | less if you want to just look at it on your page. the -cvg makes it in a really nice format. the -u and -f make sure you can have an output file.

                Comment

                • sadiexiaoyu
                  Member
                  • Apr 2013
                  • 57

                  #9
                  Originally posted by nilshomer View Post
                  Try "/samtools/bcftools/bcftools" and it should work if compiled correctly.
                  Hi, nishomer,

                  I also met the same problem that the bcftools command not found. I tried to change pathway, but still did not work. And there is bcftools sub-file in the samtools file, but no bcftools file in the sub-file. Is there bcftools file in the bcftools subfile?

                  Thanks!

                  Best,

                  Sadiexiaoyu

                  Comment

                  Latest Articles

                  Collapse

                  • SEQadmin2
                    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                    by SEQadmin2


                    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                    ...
                    Yesterday, 10:25 AM
                  • SEQadmin2
                    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                    by SEQadmin2




                    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

                  ad_right_rmr

                  Collapse

                  News

                  Collapse

                  Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
                  0 responses
                  28 views
                  0 reactions
                  Last Post SEQadmin2  
                  Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
                  0 responses
                  24 views
                  0 reactions
                  Last Post SEQadmin2  
                  Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
                  1 response
                  46 views
                  0 reactions
                  Last Post pekgio
                  by pekgio
                   
                  Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
                  1 response
                  55 views
                  0 reactions
                  Last Post pekgio
                  by pekgio
                   
                  Working...