Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just published: "The $1,000 Genome" by Kevin Davies

My new book, The $1,000 Genome, is published today in the U.S. by Free Press. It's an up-close look at the remarkable advances over the past few years in next-generation sequencing and personal genomics, including my own experiences on having my genome decoded by several platforms, interviews with many "genome pioneers" and some thoughts on what happens next.

You can find it here: http://amzn.to/KD1kgen

I'm giving away two signed copies to loyal SeqAnswers readers. Just reply to me with reasons why you would like this book! Cheers,

Kevin
    Kevin Davies
    Author, The $1,000 Genome

book

It would be interesting to see how close your predictions are to reality considering the rapid pace at which sequencing technology is improving. If it is still available I would take a copy. Does the book also come with a DVD containing a copy of your genome to follow along?

Andrew Severin
    Iowa State University

Comment

Hi Kevin!

Thanks for the post and congratulations on your book! I'm promoting this to the front page.

Comment

Congratulations on your new publication.

I deal with whole, yet reference, genomes on a regular basis, but it is easy to forget the tremendous effort that goes behind creating these resources. Something I have never got round to doing is informing myself about the full scientific/bioinformatic potential of the $1000 genome and would be interested to read the stories of the academic and commercial feats required to bring this to fruition.

Comment

Congratulations! It would be great to receive a copy that I could review on a blog I co-publish, followthedata.wordpress.com. There I cover things like patient social networks, predictive analytics, self-tracking, sequencing etc.

Comment

Congrats! I've decided to use this as an excuse to try out the Kindle reader on my PC & Phone (I don't own a Kindle). Only about $13, so not an expensive experiment.

Main complaint so far is I can't figure out how to know how much is left in the chapter -- somewhat desirable for fiction, but undesirable when trying to figure out where the next good stopping point is.

Comment

Is it still available? I am interested it.

Comment

Have a look at amazon it is a very good book.

Comment

Not directly related to the book, but just want to say I like the Sep issue of Bio-IT World. The story of Hugh Rienhoff and his daughter really caught my eye.

Comment

Hi Kevin,

Ordered your book before I saw this announcement. But love to read a signed copy of your earlier book "Cracking the Genome: Inside the Race to Unlock Human DNA".

Bob

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                    • seqadmin
                      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                    0 responses