No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best machine for pharmacogenomics testing

Hi
    I just joined your forum and I am a pain management physician in Florida and I was checking if anyone can help me with information on the best machine and most cost effective I can buy for my office to do genetic testing for the different types of cytochrome p450 that can affect pain meds and antidepressant metabolism
    Thank you very much for any input

How much experience do you have in the sequencing field? I'm not convinced any of these systems are ready for a typical physician's office, either on the laboratory side or the informatics side.

Comment

Originally posted by AshrafHanna View Post
      Hi
      I just joined your forum and I am a pain management physician in Florida and I was checking if anyone can help me with information on the best machine and most cost effective I can buy for my office to do genetic testing for the different types of cytochrome p450 that can affect pain meds and antidepressant metabolism
      Thank you very much for any input
      These systems can be rather complicated and costly. Do you really need them for your physician's office?
      Last edited by FrMartin; 12-17-2013, 01:58 AM.
      Murano software development company offers related IT outsourcing services.

Comment

I think for basic CYP genes testing for psych meds, you only need to test CYP2C19 and CYP2D6. It is easier you just ask a lab to do that for you.

If you need to do way more than that two genes, then you might also need to hire a bioinformatician or learn bioinformatics yourself.

Comment

The majority of pharmacogenetic testing is with PCR or Array based testing today because the number of features that have solid evidence are relatively small and customers are price sensitive. We have a list of relevant SNPs that I can provide if you are interested.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
          0 responses