Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to understand capacity of flow cells for targeted genotyping by sequencing

Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new to NGS. I work with a lab that is a part of a larger company that provides genotyping services in the area of PCR and NGS. Typically, for SNP densities less than say 200, we go with PCR and for higher, NGS is more economical.

The question I have relates to how to calculate how many samples can be run on typical nova seq S2 or S4 flow cells? I'm sure it depends on species, depth, and maybe other factors I'm not thinking of. Is there any resource out there that helps calculate these things or could someone help explain how I can do these calculations?

Thank you!
    Trey

Hey there TreyWill

I posted two links below. The first tells you the output of the NovaSeq for each flow cell type. The second resource will help you determine the coverage you would need for your experiment with each Illumina device. There are also a lot of links with the calculator that explains how some of these values are determined.

I would also note that your output could be different from the ones shown on the site. You should check with your group's previous runs to see their normal output and how much data they expect to get from each run.

Calculator to help determine the reagents and sequencing runs needed to arrive at desired coverage for your experiment.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
    • seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
    0 responses