No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solexa Illumina Vs SOLiD Poll and results

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to request your participation in the poll created at Linkedin to get the true status on NGS: next generation sequencing technologies- SOLiD vs Solexa
    (please answer even if you have used services from academic or commercial facility)

Thank you for the participation
    Sri Rang

Please don't crosspost all over the site.

And who is "we"?

Comment

No thanks. Any poll which requires identifying myself opens one to the floodgates of spam.

Comment

Originally posted by srirang View Post
        Dear Colleagues,

We would like to request your participation in the poll created at Linkedin to get the true status on NGS: next generation sequencing technologies- SOLiD vs Solexa
        (please answer even if you have used services from academic or commercial facility)

Thank you for the participation
        Sri Rang
        Hi Sri,

Who is the "we" who are conducting this poll?

--
        Phillip

Comment

There are so many problems with this poll.

Comment

Originally posted by nilshomer View Post
            I did not look at it, but an electronic popularity contest of this sort would be nearly meaningless no matter how it was conducted. I was just trying to get some sort of read on who the guys posting the poll were. Probably is just someone collecting email addresses for targeted spam.

--
            Phillip

Comment

Hello all
              I have posted this poll just to know how many people are using solexa. This poll was a team work of few friends from genomics field. This poll link does not ask for any personal details, if you are a member in Linkedin it takes you to the voting page and thats it.
              To make things more clear we do not collect email ids...

Thanks
              Sri

Comment

The poll is created by a group of genomics professionals, if you see the link its from linkedin which is a networking group. To participate in this poll you do not require to furnish your details and I do not collect email ids...
                Happy voting...
                Regards,
                sri

Comment

Could you please be little brief in the problems faced while trying to vote.. I will try to find a solution..

Comment

Originally posted by nilshomer View Post
                    Agreed. Moving this to General.

Originally posted by srirang View Post
                    The poll is created by a group of genomics professionals, if you see the link its from linkedin which is a networking group. To participate in this poll you do not require to furnish your details and I do not collect email ids...
                    Happy voting...
                    Regards,
                    sri
                    srirang, in the future if you are going to query the users of this site for information that will undoubtedly be used for commercial purposes, I ask that you identify yourself and your organization clearly in the post. I understand the author/affiliation is listed on the poll, but you'd probably get a better response by being more straightforward.

Comment

Originally posted by ECO View Post
                      Agreed. Moving this to General.

srirang, in the future if you are going to query the users of this site for information that will undoubtedly be used for commercial purposes, I ask that you identify yourself and your organization clearly in the post. I understand the author/affiliation is listed on the poll, but you'd probably get a better response by being more straightforward.
                      Sure will do the same way as suggested...

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                      • seqadmin
                        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post seqadmin  
                      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                      0 responses