No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biotech Rockstar
    replied
    QuantuMDx (www.quantumdx.com) - Nanowire sequencing.

Leave a comment:

• krobison
    replied
    This thread is about extant sequencing providers; the graphene nanopores are an interesting research effort but have yet to collect actual sequence data.

Leave a comment:

• strob
    replied
    another player (nanopore sequencing) (Kavli Institute of Nanoscience, The Netherlands)

Graphene Nanopores Solve DNA Sequencing Problem

The paper

Leave a comment:

• KevinLam
    replied
    I hate to duplicate other's efforts
    but Albert's nice work on the spreadsheet is a little too large to use for a presentation.
    and I can't verify some of the numbers. and it gets confusing when SOLiD uses 'mappable' data output and Illumina doesn't mention anything.
    So I have done one on my own

I have posted my version here

based on what's on the Big 3 's website and their specs.

Do drop a comment if i got anything wrong.

Leave a comment:

• msincan
    replied
    here is a nice evolving GDocs spreadsheet if you did not know.

Leave a comment:

• krobison
    replied
    Look at this thread for service providers http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthr...p?t=948&page=4

Leave a comment:

• cdragon
    replied
    A nice list!

Are there any information about whether each company provides commercial sequencing services?

Leave a comment:

• brjordan
    replied
    Congratulations to Strob for this very useful list and for the working links. This is very helpful and informative, good work!

Leave a comment:

• ECO
    replied
    Good suggestions all. I'll keep an eye out for too much discussion about any single vendor overwhelming this forum, or for new instrument releases. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• drio
    replied
    What about querying the database to see the number threads per technology. If > X we create a forum.

Opening them by user/vendor request sounds fine to me too.

Leave a comment:

• bioinfosm
    replied
    Originally posted by nilshomer View Post
    I am in favor of adding them by request (by users or vendors). It looks like there are a lot of companies/technologies and it would get cluttered quickly if a forum existed for each one before there are users/vendors who would post to the site.
    I agree. Thats a good balance to avoid clutter, and at the same time remain open for the new ones..

Leave a comment:

• strob
    replied
    I updated and modified the list

Many thanks for all the input!!!

Leave a comment:

• nilshomer
    replied
    Originally posted by ECO View Post
    One vote for, one vote against. Need more input.

I think it would be a good opportunity to clearly lay out the technical summaries of each company...like I did so long ago on the Next Gen Summaries page.
    I am in favor of adding them by request (by users or vendors). It looks like there are a lot of companies/technologies and it would get cluttered quickly if a forum existed for each one before there are users/vendors who would post to the site.

Leave a comment:

• ECO
    replied
    Originally posted by flxlex View Post
    @ECO: yes, why not have the Pipeline for "those that either have a commercially released instrument, or are well on their way". I guess you can be the judge, and we'll protest if we don't agree a certain system falls under the definition :-)
    Originally posted by drio View Post
    I would wait and see what's the number of questions each new platform gets. As soon as we see some traffic then you can create specific Forums.
    One vote for, one vote against. Need more input.

I think it would be a good opportunity to clearly lay out the technical summaries of each company...like I did so long ago on the Next Gen Summaries page.

Leave a comment:

• drio
    replied
    Originally posted by ECO View Post
    What do you all think, is it time to expand "The Pipeline" forum into more companies (the list above being a great start)?

My rule was previously that you had to have a commercially released instrument, but I think there is definitely room for more discussion that one forum allows.

Thoughts?
    I would wait and see what's the number of questions each new platform gets. As soon as we see some traffic then you can create specific Forums.

Leave a comment:

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
  • seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
0 responses