Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • seversond12
    Junior Member
    • Oct 2012
    • 3

    #1

    EBV Genomes

    Currently, I'm using the NCBI taxonomy and NCBI genomes that are tied to it to analyse pathogen genomes and reads in human samples. I am particularly interested in looking at EBV (Human herpesvirus 4) and my understanding is there are 8-9 different reference genomes floating around. At least, this is what I've understood from a couple of papers. However, NCBI only contains two genome references in their Virus folder. I was curious if anyone new where to find the other reference sequences for various EBV strains. Ideally, I would like them in fasta format so that I can manually incorporate them into my database.

    Also, I'm curious why NCBI does not have the other reference sequences? After all, many of the viral and bacterial genomes are not completely annotated or built, but still manage to make it into the database?

    Any thoughts on EBV references would be much appreciated!
  • Antony03
    Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 53

    #2
    Are you sure that the papers refer to complete genomes and not only to some coding genes?

    Comment

    Latest Articles

    Collapse

    • SEQadmin2
      New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
      by SEQadmin2


      Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

      We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
      ...
      09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
    • SEQadmin2
      How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
      by SEQadmin2




      The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

      This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
      09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

    ad_right_rmr

    Collapse

    News

    Collapse

    Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
    0 responses
    11 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
    0 responses
    34 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
    0 responses
    28 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
    1 response
    48 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post pekgio
    by pekgio
     
    Working...